Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got my Whites 5.3 coil for my V3i today
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: November 15, 2017 12:34PM
Not sure how deep it will go yet. I'm hoping to use it to get in between the trash.

Tony

Re: Got my Whites 5.3 coil for my V3i today
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: November 16, 2017 10:20AM
Tony N (Michigan)
Not sure how deep it will go yet. I'm hoping to use it to get in between the trash.

Keep us posted Tony. Im sure youll do fine with it.

Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: November 18, 2017 03:23PM
Explorer.se
Tony N (Michigan)

=Explorer.se]Keep us posted Tony. Im sure youll do fine with it.

Took the V3i out into the farm field where I live this morning. I only found this with the 5.3 coil. No stone and no pin in the back for the ear.

Posted by: DFXDon
Date: November 18, 2017 09:12PM
5.3 coil is a great coil for trashy spots it gos prett deep too you will like that coil

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: November 19, 2017 01:44AM
very nice Tony way to go!

Date: November 19, 2017 09:14AM
Explorer.se
very nice Tony way to go!

Coming from you, it means a lot. Thanks for the positive post. It was a minimalist kind of day. :sleepy: Cold winds a blowin, cold temps, and now we have a spritz of snow on the ground.

I am really hoping this 5.3 coil will become an integral member of my arsenal. I just have to put it through some more testing.

One thing that threw me off was a twisted up wire that was giving me a great hit as if it was silver. I need to figure out this V3i more so as to be able to determine that kind of junk so as not to dig it.

Explorer.se, I hope you have a really blessed Thanksgiving!

Tony

Date: November 19, 2017 09:20AM
DFXDon
5.3 coil is a great coil for trashy spots it gos prett deep too you will like that coil

Hey DFXDon, thanks for the good word!
I also have the DFX and was actually getting pretty darn good with it and would use it along with my Explorers.
I would put the 12" HotShot coil on the DFX, go into a park and would be able to here silver in the mix with the trash. Now that I have the V3i, I am trying to get my ears into the same scenario using
the stock 10" D2 coil or my 13" Ultimate coil. Until then, I will be using the 5.3 where the trash is really bad.

If you use the 5.3, do you mostly hunt in Coin and Jewelry with it? Have you tried High Pro or Deep Silver programs? Do you have any favorite settings for it?

bent wire faking me out on V3i
Date: November 19, 2017 10:56AM
This bent wire came up pretty good on the V3i.

Posted by: bradwheat777
Date: November 25, 2017 07:38AM
The 5.3 is one of my favorite coils. It will surprise you on depth. Good lucm and HH!

Posted by: Tony (Michigan)
Date: November 25, 2017 12:48PM
bradwheat777
The 5.3 is one of my favorite coils. It will surprise you on depth. Good lucm and HH!
I am soooo impatient with a small coil. I was hoping to dissect this trashy part of this park yesterday hoping to find some gold rings.
I find I have to slow my swing way down. If you have any favorite settings for the 5.3 I would certainly appreciate it.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: December 10, 2017 08:45PM
The 5.3 is very deep, i dug a 32 cal bullet from over 10 inches with the detech 4.5x7 excel coil. And they are on sale right now at Kellyco for 50 bucks and the 6 inch round coil too.

Date: December 13, 2017 03:15PM
Trashfinder
The 5.3 is very deep, i dug a 32 cal bullet from over 10 inches with the detech 4.5x7 excel coil. And they are on sale right now at Kellyco for 50 bucks and the 6 inch round coil too.

That coil is out of stock at kellyco

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login