Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Information on ALL the Settings on V3i?
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: November 21, 2017 02:06PM
Is there any information on absolutely every setting on the V3i?
I was going through my settings and wondering "what the heck is that for?" or that? or that? or that?

It would be nice to not just be told what such and such a setting is but how to use it and if it messes with other settings?

Re: Information on ALL the Settings on V3i?
Posted by: Architex
Date: November 21, 2017 03:40PM
Check out "Links" just above.

Also go to the White's forum and check the sticky's.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2017 03:44PM by Architex.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 21, 2017 06:24PM
Owners manual?

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/V3i-advanced-users-guide.pdf

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: MackDog
Date: November 21, 2017 11:49PM
There’s also the advanced guide on the whites forum

Date: November 22, 2017 10:26AM
Thanks, folks. I will have loads of reading to do this Winter!

Posted by: Junkdigger
Date: December 15, 2017 09:07AM
Hey Tony, I also live in Michigan, Montcalm county. I have played with a lot of settings on my V3i, there is a lot of different opinions out there, but for depth, I have found the 2 most important for me is, #1 is stay in lock track and ground balance occasionally. #2 is stay in either 5 high pass or 5 band pass filter. I have read a lot of posts saying to use 1 frequency, but I always stay in three freq. I have found with these settings, you don't have to push the gain or sensitivity extremely high. I have been using minelab explorers since they came out because it was the only machine I could get depth with, but this V3i has equalled the mine lab in depth in black fertile soil, and believe it or not, in hard pack clay the V3i is deeper than the mine lab, on silver even. Maybe I have a hot machine, but i am keeping it until it dies. When I first tried the machine, i thought it was just a gimmick, but when I figured out the settings I found out it is a killer machine. I can't believe it is not more popular.

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 15, 2017 11:17AM
Junkdigger
Hey Tony, I also live in Michigan, Montcalm county. I have played with a lot of settings on my V3i, there is a lot of different opinions out there, but for depth, I have found the 2 most important for me is, #1 is stay in lock track and ground balance occasionally. #2 is stay in either 5 high pass or 5 band pass filter. I have read a lot of posts saying to use 1 frequency, but I always stay in three freq. I have found with these settings, you don't have to push the gain or sensitivity extremely high. I have been using minelab explorers since they came out because it was the only machine I could get depth with, but this V3i has equalled the mine lab in depth in black fertile soil, and believe it or not, in hard pack clay the V3i is deeper than the mine lab, on silver even. Maybe I have a hot machine, but i am keeping it until it dies. When I first tried the machine, i thought it was just a gimmick, but when I figured out the settings I found out it is a killer machine. I can't believe it is not more popular.

Tony I used to have a V3i and now I have a VX3. I had a problem with ground balance because of the places I hunt. Mainly old houses. These places are a a pain to stay balanced. I am going to try running in Auto but what do you recommend?

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: Junkdigger
Date: December 15, 2017 01:01PM
Hello Daddy flea, I am not Tony, What I do is hold the trigger to pinpoint to find a clean spot and then manually ground balance with track lock. Then hunt. I can tell when I am getting out of balance by the way the machine is acting, for example, a lot of false random high signals. Then I will rebalance. Whenever I have used auto, I always lose depth, and the other thing is, that auto doesn't seem to keep up with the ground anyway. One thing I do is check the balance when I am hunting, just pump the coil up and down with the trigger pulled into pinpoint, and try it in different places all around you. I have even ground balanced in nail infested areas, and still had good success. I like to ground balance often when hunting. Try it both ways, auto and manual and see what works best for you. Just my opinion. Good hunting.

Date: December 21, 2017 01:45PM
Junkdigger
Hello Daddy flea, I am not Tony, What I do is hold the trigger to pinpoint to find a clean spot and then manually ground balance with track lock. Then hunt. I can tell when I am getting out of balance by the way the machine is acting, for example, a lot of false random high signals. Then I will rebalance. Whenever I have used auto, I always lose depth, and the other thing is, that auto doesn't seem to keep up with the ground anyway. One thing I do is check the balance when I am hunting, just pump the coil up and down with the trigger pulled into pinpoint, and try it in different places all around you. I have even ground balanced in nail infested areas, and still had good success. I like to ground balance often when hunting. Try it both ways, auto and manual and see what works best for you. Just my opinion. Good hunting.

Thanks for the helpful information Junkdigger!

Date: December 21, 2017 01:49PM
daddyflea
Junkdigger

Tony I used to have a V3i and now I have a VX3. I had a problem with ground balance because of the places I hunt. Mainly old houses. These places are a a pain to stay balanced. I am going to try running in Auto but what do you recommend?

What I do when I'm in a trashy area that is really hard to ground balance is run in auto until the detector has balanced properly and then shift to lock track. I could be doing it wrong but, what the heck. It seems to work for me. LOL

Date: December 21, 2017 01:51PM
MackDog

I've been reading that. I printed it out and it's on the couch. Some phrases I just don't understand such as abbreviated things people write.

Posted by: Trashfinder
Date: December 27, 2017 08:17PM
Junkdigger

It is the best machine i own and i own them all, it takes a little bit to learn how to use it but when you do it is a beast!

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 28, 2017 07:54AM
Tony N (Michigan)
MackDog

I've been reading that. I printed it out and it's on the couch. Some phrases I just don't understand such as abbreviated things people write.

In my job I preach that all the time. (Not everyone especially people who are not in your line of work, understands Abbreviations.)

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: MackDog
Date: December 28, 2017 06:14PM
Read all the posts from the Whites Spectra columns, don't try to memorize them just get familiar so you'll be able to go back to them if you need info. There's more than enough reading for the winter

Posted by: lene
Date: December 28, 2017 06:59PM
I agree. What’s needed is a V3i for Dummies book. There are a lot of terms and abbreviations that are not explained in the Users Manual or the Advanced Users Guide. Some topics are skipped over. Also needs the ability to export and import programs, flash the software via a usb port to expand the pull down menu choices for new coils, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login