Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
V3i vs VX3
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 04, 2017 09:29PM
I had a V3i and sold it because it was just so complicated. Thinking of getting a VX3 now. Missing the good screen and excellent Discrimination. Is the VX3 easier to operate. I thought I was pretty efficient with the V3i but seemed to spend more time tweaking than hunting. Will I be happy? Never played with a VX3.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: V3i vs VX3
Posted by: shortcut1224
Date: December 05, 2017 10:52AM
I had the V3i and VX3, what I found was I liked everything about the VX3 except not being able to adjust the tones like you can on the V3i. I found for my ground and my type hunting the VX3 was everything I needed except for the ability to individually change tones. If you don’t mind either 2 tone or full tones it should do fine.

Shortcut

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: December 05, 2017 02:09PM
shortcut1224
I had the V3i and VX3, what I found was I liked everything about the VX3 except not being able to adjust the tones like you can on the V3i. I found for my ground and my type hunting the VX3 was everything I needed except for the ability to individually change tones. If you don’t mind either 2 tone or full tones it should do fine.

Shortcut

Full tones are good for me

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: DFXDon
Date: December 06, 2017 03:35PM
The VX3 is much easer to learn and use then the I I do have them both my V3i is my main detectot and the vX3 is my back up. Love them BOTH
DFXDon

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login