Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Set Ground Balance
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 10, 2018 07:27PM
Just wondering out loud here. Most Tesoro Detectors have set Ground Balance. It seems like if you hunted with the Whites V Series for a good while on Auto the Locked the Ground Balance, you would think the GB should be pretty close and there would be no need to check GB very often after that. I do know this is something I worry about constantly especially if I am on Auto and lay it down to dig. Thoughts??

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: Set Ground Balance
Posted by: MackDog
Date: January 11, 2018 11:18PM
I always leave mine in auto. Yes it does change sometimes depending on how long you lay your machine down over a target while your digging a different target.

Posted by: Big Treble
Date: January 13, 2018 10:23AM
I never use the auto ground track, while it may have some benefit, I'm not sure my ground would change that much anyway in a couple hours on the same property. I try to manual GB about every 2 hours max for sure though.

I just don't want it to auto GB over a piece of Ferrous metal while I sit it down to dig a good target. If you stop and think of it and it takes 5 seconds of swinging to rebalance, think how much ground you just swung over in that 5 seconds with an inaccurate GB.

I get it, maybe I'm a little OCD with that, just don't think I can afford to miss a good target.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: January 13, 2018 10:29AM
Big Treble
I never use the auto ground track, while it may have some benefit, I'm not sure my ground would change that much anyway in a couple hours on the same property. I try to manual GB about every 2 hours max for sure though.

I just don't want it to auto GB over a piece of Ferrous metal while I sit it down to dig a good target. If you stop and think of it and it takes 5 seconds of swinging to rebalance, think how much ground you just swung over in that 5 seconds with an inaccurate GB.

I get it, maybe I'm a little OCD with that, just don't think I can afford to miss a good target.

My feelings also.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login