Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
VDI Numbers not clearing from screen on my V3i
Posted by: BLACKHAWK2255
Date: March 15, 2018 07:46PM
The VDI numbers do not clear on my V3i unless I pull the trigger,or swing over another target. Is this the way it is supposed to work,or do I have something set wrong in my programs ? I have owned other brands of detectors in the past,and all of them would clear the VDI number in a matter of seconds once you moved off an active target. My V3i does not do that ? Issues with the detector, programs ? It does this in "all" the programs, "stock and ones I have modified. I had an MX Sport,and it would clear the VDI numbers once you moved the coil off the target. HELP !!

Re: VDI Numbers not clearing from screen on my V3i
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 16, 2018 07:04AM
It has been many years but it seems the VDI fading off the screen is controlled by the fade rate adjustment :shrug:

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: March 16, 2018 07:34AM
Thanks for the reply Larry. I also posted this question on the Whites Forum,and was told that" is the way it works". You are right about the fade rate,but it only controls how quickly the blocks disappear from the screen,the vdi numbers don't go anywhere until you either pull the trigger to pinpoint,analyze,or if you move the coil over the next target. This seems odd to me that Whites programmed the V3i this way,when the vdi numbers disappear in seconds on the MX Sport ?

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 16, 2018 02:46PM
So right you are.... like I said, it has been many years since I had the V3i.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: trojdor
Date: March 18, 2018 12:57AM
Blackhawk,
If I may ask, you've got me curious...

Why is it important to you that the VDI numbers disappear quickly?
Do you have a specific goal/process/technique that the VDI number interferes with?
(I myself find it extremely helpful to see the previous signal's VDI for a long time...and I get irritated when they disappear too quickly on some of my other units.)

Thanks for your reply,
:)
mike

Date: April 09, 2018 04:15PM
I have found with other brands of detectors ( not naming any),that with the VDI numbers disappearing rapidly, it made it easier for me to better understand the concentration /or lack of targets in that particular area.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login