Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Spectra V4i, WhitesTop Dog?
Posted by: Altamaha
Date: March 31, 2018 10:10AM
Day Dreaming!

Take the V3i and add more frequencies (just say 36 & 50)

Add a faster processor(s) to handle the extra data from adding frequencies (though the existing one is awesome fast)

More Data = more & better diagnostic dig information, as Whites has the best data analysis and useful data presentation in the industry (Jmho)

Put it all in an MX Sport package!

What do you all think?

Started Detecting - 1982
Mid-Hudson Valley Region, New York

Favorite Detectors I Own:

- Whites Eagle ll SL-89
- Whites Eagle II SL-90
- Whites DFX (Sunray DX-1)
- Whites Spectra V3i
- Minelab E-Trac
- Minelab CTX 3030
- Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Serial) Tom certified 12.1 inches
- Fisher CZ-70 Pro (112 Serial)
- Makro Racer

Specialty: Coin Shooting:

- Oldest Coins: 1699 Farthing, 1749 Half Farthing

- Oldest Colonial/State Coin: 1786 Connecticut Copper
- Oldest Foreign Silver Coin: 1776 Spanish 2 Reale (AU-55)
- Oldest American Silver Coins: 1832 Bust 1/2 Dime (AU-50), 1832 Bust Dime

- Rarest American Copper Coins: 1794 Half Cent (81,600), 1811 Large Cent (218,0250)
- Rarest American Silver Coin: 1915 Barber 1/2 Dollar (AU-55), (138,450)
- Rarest American Token/Pattern Coins: 1783 Nova Constellatio, 1787 Fugio Cent, 1795 Undated (Pattern) Washington Liberty and Security Penny
- Rarest American Error Coins: 1864 Indian With L and RPD (AU-50), 1876cc Seated Liberty Dime With DBL Reverse (AU-55)

- Largest Denomination American Coin: 1891s Silver Dollar
- Highest Professionally Graded Dug American Coin: 1855 Seated Liberty Quarter (AU-55)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 10:19AM by Altamaha.

Re: Spectra V4i, WhitesTop Dog?
Posted by: Architex
Date: March 31, 2018 10:42AM
And make it waterproof........Winner.

The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Posted by: burlbark
Date: April 03, 2018 09:26PM
We are waiting ever so patiently.... One of the past disgruntled but brilliant engineers from Whites is claiming that no one currently there knows how to build the v4 detector. I think something bigger and better is coming but we will have to wait and see. It certainly appears that they are paving the way for a new housing with the mx sport.

Posted by: #1Leatherneck
Date: April 04, 2018 05:14AM
Undoubtedly, the V3i is the top of the line for White? The V3i could be updated with software, and include a higher frequency? ? ?

In my honest opinion, with a higher frequency the V3i would steal the show! ! !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2018 05:22AM by #1Leatherneck.

Posted by: coinhunterseth
Date: April 05, 2018 07:19PM
A higher frequency and better handling of iron infested sites. The V3i is decent in iron, but not the greatest unmasker. At least for me.

:whites: Spectra V3i 10" d2 and 4x6 shooter coils, Digmaster shovel/knife
:garrett: AT Pro 8.5x11 and 5x8 DD coils, ProPointer AT
Makro Multi Kruzer

Posted by: Wayfarer
Date: April 05, 2018 08:12PM
If nothing else, I'd like to see 1) better ground balancing which will help give a better TID at depth, 2) a true manual ground balance option rather than the loctrac plus offset workaround, and 3) the latest fastest processor which will give faster audio in disc mode. These changes would take a chip upgrade and a software update. Call it a V3i Pro.

The V3i Pro would keep us happy until the V4, which hopefully will be a V3i Pro in a lighter waterproof design, but please keep the trigger switch under the index finger. Those membrane pads make my thumb feel like it's about to fall off after awhile.

The V3i is really a spectacular detector, with lots of really fantastic technology that ought to be built upon and serve as the basis for the next generation. I'm kind of a technical geeky type guy, and I REALLY respect what the White's engineers did with the V3i and hope they build on it rather than veer off in a totally different direction for their next flagship detector. It's so close to being perfect already, they just need to make a few more tweaks to make it perfect.

Current detectors: Minelab Equinox, White's V3i, MXT, XL Pro
Past: Minelab CTX 3030, White's XLT, 6000D Series 3, Coinmaster 2DB, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, + many others
Detecting since 1980

Posted by: burlbark
Date: April 05, 2018 11:11PM
The v3i really needed strongest frequency response settings. So that a person could run all 3 frequencies but chose to ignore or assign a lower tone to a target that does not respond favorably to the 2.5 frequency. Most silver coins hit strongest on the 2.5.

But beyond all of this we need a detector that can see down through the nails by utilizing a detection method beyond time domain.

I dream of a day when we have Zero Field NMR. The detector will auto compensate for all magnetic fields outside of our preferred search material and may not even need to transmit a signal. It will see the Seated half dollars mixed with all the horse shoes. Maybe in the next 50 years?

Posted by: trojdor
Date: April 07, 2018 01:07AM
Wayfarer
If nothing else, I'd like to see 1) better ground balancing which will help give a better TID at depth, 2) a true manual ground balance option rather than the loctrac plus offset workaround, and 3) the latest fastest processor which will give faster audio in disc mode. These changes would take a chip upgrade and a software update. Call it a V3i Pro.

I'd buy that...
:)
mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login