Findmall.com

Spectra V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tips on buying used V3i
Posted by: dauff
Date: May 08, 2018 06:38AM
I am interested in purchasing a used V3i and would like some tips on what to look for and what to ask. Does anyone know is the warranty transferrable? I've heard mention a reset code, what is that?

More tips would be appreciated.

Re: Tips on buying used V3i
Posted by: DFXDon
Date: May 08, 2018 02:29PM
anything left of Two years is transferable to the new owner if its older then two years there is no transfer left. Other then that make sure it looks nice no dings or breaks etc and that it works OK you should be OK good luck on your buy and have fun
Don

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Posted by: Tahts-a-dats-ago
Date: May 09, 2018 12:13PM
Call Whites with the s/n to make sure the machine is legitimate.

You can do the reset over the phone (with whites). I believe the process is also posted somewhere on the Whites forum.

V3i
MX5
BH 300
MX Sport
Euro Tek Pro
Compadre
Makro Multi Kruzer

Gone...

CTX 3030
Etrac
G2
F4
Bandido

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: May 10, 2018 08:18AM
I do not recommend a V3i had one myself and just never got used to all the settings. Try the VX3 I like it much better.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

I have bought 2 used V3i's in the past 3-4 years
Posted by: therover
Date: May 10, 2018 12:07PM
Both were out of warranty but I had no qualms buying. Both units I purchased used worked perfectly. I still have one of them.

I do believe if less than 2 years old and under warranty, the warranty transfers.

First thing is to make sure the seller is reputable if it is a private owner. Most all on the major forums are good guys n gals so there should not be any issues. Sponors/dealers have good deals as well and will always be on the up and up.

Next is get pictures to make sure the unit is in the shape the seller says it is.

Call Whites to verify serial number and if you do buy it, let them know. Whites likes to update their database with the most current owner info.

Whites service is excellent and reasonably priced so if there is any out of warranty work to be done, it won't break the bank.

The reset process is pretty simple if you want to reset all the programs back to factory spec. The other reset process has more steps as it allows you to change the name in memory from the past owner (if they went through that process), to your own name and info. Whites can walk you through that or as someone posted, there are outlined steps in either the Whites forum or other forums.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login