Findmall.com

Maps & Mapping Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Help with old plat or detailed northern Ky maps
Posted by: kydigger
Date: January 11, 2010 09:40PM
I'm new to MDing. I live in northern Ky. I have found a very good 1888 map of my area showing houses, business, schools ect. Search as I may however, I can't find a detailed map of any time between 1888 and present. Its fun just looking at the 1888 map and a satalite map side by side. Going to come in really handy when it warms up.

If anyone knows of newer downloadable detailed maps of Boone, Kenton and Campbell counties in northern Ky. I certainly would appreciate that info.
Thank, Ron R.

Re: Help with old plat or detailed northern Ky maps
Posted by: LabradorBob
Date: January 12, 2010 06:54AM
Re:Thanks Bob Still need help
Posted by: kydigger
Date: January 12, 2010 08:08PM
Thanks for the help Bob. I will be saving the covington map. Still haven't found what I'm looking for, maps that show buildings in Campbell county, Ky. In the early 1900s. It seems odd that I can find an atlas from 1888 that shows building in all of Campbell, Kenton and boone countys, but can't find one a few years newer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
One of you more experianced MDers may know why I am having this problem.
Thanks, Ron R.

Posted by: silverfinder
Date: February 04, 2010 11:17PM
Honestly I wish kentucky was more like indiana and ohio as far as maps go.
Good luck I know what your trying for and haven't had much luck at it myself.
:detecting:

Posted by: greedykind
Date: June 30, 2010 08:43PM
Hey ron i am also new to treasure hunting and just found a silver ring and old green line bus token deep in the ground.I live in northern ky also maybe we can search together if you want my name is charlie.I think my 12 year old daughter is hooked when she seen the ring.What are you hunting with?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login