Findmall.com

Maps & Mapping Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Anyone Found Silver City / SW New Mexico Sanborns?
Posted by: William-NM
Date: November 01, 2011 09:01AM
If anyone comes across Sanborn maps for Silver City, Grant County, New Mexico, please post a link, I've only found expensive commercial ones so far.
Thanks!!

William in Sunny SW New Mexico
Garrett AT Gold & AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointers, Lesche & Fiskar's Diggers, Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, ASUS Tablet (Great Topos!)
To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: I believe in luck, and the more I dig, the luckier I get.
note to self: It's only a hobby, It's only a hobby, It's only a ....

Re: Anyone Found Silver City / SW New Mexico Sanborns?
Posted by: Sandpiper
Date: November 04, 2011 09:42AM
You may have already found this one. It will allow you to look and zoom, print a small area. Other than that don"t know of any more.

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Browse/United_States/New+Mexico/Page/2/

Re: Anyone Found Silver City / SW New Mexico Sanborns?
Posted by: William-NM
Date: November 04, 2011 03:33PM
Thanks, Sandpiper.
Yes, I have printed one of their maps out, came out kind of small. Then i remembered the old "windows Key & Print Screen" combo, pasted the little sections in to a reassembled whole in GIMP and Voila! A pretty fair image that's quite legible. I also made an appointment with a historian at the local museum to go through their early maps, and she mentioned that she recently got 3 binders of early Wells Fargo maps and stuff that I can get copies of, so that should be fun. Too bad the Library of Congress had a falling out with Sanborn before they got the rest of the collection online.
Thanks for the reply!
William

William in Sunny SW New Mexico
Garrett AT Gold & AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointers, Lesche & Fiskar's Diggers, Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, ASUS Tablet (Great Topos!)
To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: I believe in luck, and the more I dig, the luckier I get.
note to self: It's only a hobby, It's only a hobby, It's only a ....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login