Findmall.com

Maps & Mapping Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Website source(s) for parks within a specified area of a given state.
Posted by: ToddB64
Date: December 01, 2011 12:23AM
Hi :smile:

Looking for public parks to metal detect.

Can you give me source(s) on the Web that will give the name and location of parks within a specified area of a given state ?

In other words, a website where I can specify a desired city, town, village and state, to get a listing or map showing the public parks in that area. I would also like to know the location of small roadside picnic parks, if possible. I realize this is asking for a lot, but hope someone can help. At the moment, I'm particularly interested in the Lawrenceburg, Aurora and Dillsboro areas in southeast Indiana.

Thanks much everybody !

Todd

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMax and Compadre, White's Classic ll, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Re: Website source(s) for parks within a specified area of a given state.
Posted by: William-NM
Date: December 01, 2011 08:18AM
Here's a good start!!

William in Sunny SW New Mexico
Garrett AT Gold & AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointers, Lesche & Fiskar's Diggers, Garmin Oregon 450 GPS, ASUS Tablet (Great Topos!)
To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: I believe in luck, and the more I dig, the luckier I get.
note to self: It's only a hobby, It's only a hobby, It's only a ....

Posted by: ToddB64
Date: December 01, 2011 12:55PM
William........Thanks for the"KaBoom! " site. I'll be working with it to see what parks are in or near Lawrenceburg, Aurora and Dillsboro, Indiana.

HH ! :thumbup:

Todd

Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMax and Compadre, White's Classic ll, Garrett Ace250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Tabdog Digger Replica, RatphonesMax Headphones, Janster Coin Probe.

Posted by: GoGoGopher
Date: December 31, 2011 05:30PM
very nice link...it pulled up quite a few of my local parks...

Thanks,

Deactivated at users request 08/26/12

Posted by: wishiwasngallup
Date: January 25, 2012 08:53PM
Good one thanks for the info

Posted by: Jellyfish
Date: January 26, 2012 11:52AM
For my area, it did not bring up too many of the numerous smaller parks...but it did great for playgrounds. All in all, it seems like a nice additional tool. Thanks for the link.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login