Findmall.com

Maps & Mapping Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Books identifying old nails
Posted by: volpe
Date: May 30, 2017 12:30PM
Looking for books that identify and date old nails, does anybody have one, or know where I can obtain one?

Re: Books identifying old nails
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: June 02, 2017 06:33PM
you may want to post this question on the general interest or metal detecting forum. you could also do a google search or check with Amazon books. good luck

Date: June 04, 2017 02:25PM
I have done a google search and scoured amazon,no go.

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: June 28, 2017 08:30PM
Hi volpe, there is such a book because I have an Archie friend that has one. I have not talked with her in awhile due to both of us having health issues, but I need to give her a call to check on her. Soon as I make contact with her I will see what I can find out about the book. Meanwhile I would suggest checking with some Archaeological sites or forums. HH, Charlie

Date: July 01, 2017 08:41PM
Charlie: Thank you very much for your response and your efforts on my behalf. I apologize for my delayed retort, My wifes mother went into the hospital and we have been away nearly all last week. I,ve been searching the net but so far I have only found research papers. I bought a book last August From a metal detecting online seller on the chronology and history of nails and their use for dating buildings etc. However, I can't find it, of course it will show when/if I can get another, or it will come to light in the dead of winter.

Posted by: fowlercharles
Date: July 05, 2017 10:02PM
Hi volpe , I have not contacted my friend yet but the book you described that you have sounds, as best I can remember, much like the one my friend has. Lol, I understand well about misplacing things, and later finding them . HH, Charlie

Posted by: Frostjack77
Date: July 26, 2017 07:47AM
You might want to try the web site "The Gutenberg Project" which supplies old, old books whose copyright has expired. The folks at Gutenberg have these books on-line, ready for a free down-load by you and I.
Can't guarantee your book(s) you want will be found there, but check it out anyway...there's tens-of-thousands of books available that have been long out of print.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login