Findmall.com

Garrett Scorpion Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Oh Yeah, Still here after all these years
Posted by: Bugar In. USA
Date: May 21, 2019 04:03PM
Me and the old Scorpion, havn’t been posting cause like many folk, had health problems, family problems, and other stuff that kept me busy, oh , I got out from time to time whenever problems or weather permitted, got out this morn for few hours, got a few coins, some junk, and not good belly button jewelry, so actually I guess I did OK. ., wasn’t skunked anyhow.
Scorpion does a wonderful job, just as it always has, very predictable, very solid detector, So mebbe it’s old, works flawlessly, finds everything that’s there, not a good detector, just a. Great detector.

Welcome back Bugar!!!
Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: May 21, 2019 10:58PM
I own a real nice condition Scorpion w/ 2 coils (elliptical and 4"sniper coil)
Been out a few times with her the last couple years also as I had been battling
Health issues myself. Had surgery back in February and am slowly coming
back to life . Feel the best I have in 3 years. One thing I feel about the Scorpion
is making sure that ground balance is set RIGHT or you'll be fighting a losing battle
trying to detect and will miss much. I will say in my opinion this machine might be
Old Tech. but fully capable of giving many machines a run for their money. For a
Gold machine, it will find Coins and Jewelery with no problems. Just not a real Depth monster...
Hope your feeling much better these days Bugar and it only gets Better for you.
Have a great year and will keep an eye out for any of your posts or any tips on
using the Scorpion as I don't have a whole lot of time on her. Maybe 25 hours but
for an Old Tech. unit, I enjoy grabbing her now and then as it's a fun machine to use.
Take care. ..
silverseeker 2

Re: Welcome back Bugar!!!
Posted by: Bugar In. USA
Date: May 22, 2019 08:08AM
Hey— all right, they get it done, most places I hunt the g b just sets about perfect, if I leave the state or traveling very far from the area I adjust for the soil, just been using this one for 8-10 years so getting it figured out pretty good, gotta get out my manual and see how many years I have had this one, mounted it on whites rods (4-5 yr ago)for smaller travel package, I get ya a pic. Hang in there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login