Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Newly purchased x-5 coil--any advice?
Posted by: OregonMike
Date: February 24, 2015 02:27AM
Hi, everyone,

My x-5 coil just arrived and I'm anxious to get out and give it a try on the e-trac.

Any advice? Swing speed--same as other coils or not? Any changes in settings? Sensitivity changes from my typical manual setting?

How do I get the very best out of this coil that has such a good reputation?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike I would run ttf. Sens manual 26 range if possible
Posted by: c t
Date: February 25, 2015 09:56PM
24-26 coil peaks nice. Relic pattern or even more open. Swing speed varies depending on trash density. Also recovery fast on deep off. Trash low ground difficult. The Etrac is ever so slightly faster in trash low. That's it in a nutshell. It's a great coil good choice for trash and tiny targets. Depth is great for its size. HH tom

Re: Mike I would run ttf. Sens manual 26 range if possible
Posted by: OregonMike
Date: February 25, 2015 10:35PM
Thanks very much, that was just the advice I was hoping for.

Mike

Mike I forgot try response long. Believe it or not
Posted by: c t
Date: February 25, 2015 10:51PM
I find its great when iron and a desirable target are on top of each other. Try a dime and a square nail. You will be Suprised. I have an ancient padlock small 1.5x1.5ins I can put a mercury behind it and get a good response as far as tone. I'd is off but the non ferrous tone is loud and clear. OK keep us posted. On you're finds. It's gonna be a while before I get out 30+ ins of snow out on the farms 18ins in my favorite park. HH tom. Play with response long smooth.

Re: Newly purchased x-5 coil--any advice?
Posted by: sprchng
Date: February 27, 2015 05:28PM
Try an air test with the same target (dime/quarter) on the different noise cancel channels and see if the VDI remains constant.
With the 4.5 x 7 the VDI will increase a bit as the channel number increases. Just curious if the X-5 shows any tendency that way.

Posted by: roadapple
Date: February 28, 2015 01:17AM
The X5 is a fantastic coil and you will be amazed at the depth this little coil can go ! Best of luck !

Posted by: metaldetectingoregon
Date: July 06, 2015 05:20PM
I've found a few silvers with the X-5, but I'm more a big coil swinger. Since those real bad trashy areas only come along very rarely, I hardly ever put it on. It works good though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login