Findmall.com

Minelab E-Trac Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pinpointer
Posted by: rab909693
Date: June 01, 2016 02:59AM
Newbie here. My question for you guys is this. I am in Scotland by the way. When I sweep over a target it shows anything from 14.41 through to in the 20s. When I put the pinpointed on, the numbers change to 35+. Is this normal and should I miss it out. Have dug these in the past and always end up with iron. Thanks in advance

Re: Pinpointer
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: June 07, 2016 08:20PM
rab909693
Newbie here. My question for you guys is this. I am in Scotland by the way. When I sweep over a target it shows anything from 14.41 through to in the 20s. When I put the pinpointed on, the numbers change to 35+. Is this normal and should I miss it out. Have dug these in the past and always end up with iron. Thanks in advance

Here is my experience getting readings like you are getting I would expect to find a Copper Penny with Trash close by. In this case most likely a Nail. If you sweep over and are able even just once to get a pretty good close reading say 14-41 then 20-41. There will usually be two targets under your Coil. A Penny under good conditions would rearead 12-41. I would look hard for a Penny here because a 41 would indicate an old pure Copper Penny. The Iron will pull the Ferrous number way down to 20 or sometimes a little lower. That one good 14 Ferrous reading is crying out something good may be here.

Minelab Etrac
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Whites VX3
Stock 9.5 Concentric
6X10 Whites DD
4X6 Whites DD
Sunray DX-1 Probe
TRX Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login