Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Favorite coil
Posted by: Bill W.
Date: November 15, 2017 02:29AM
What’s your favorite coil for your TDI SL? I’m looking for a bigger 12-17 and a smaller coil for trashy areas such as a 6-9. Do coils made for the TDI perform any better than ones for the GPX? I have looked and Nugget Finder, MJD and Coiltek coils. Thanks.

-Bill

Re: Favorite coil
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: November 15, 2017 04:15AM
I have a Bigfoot coil up on the classifieds. 22x6" or slightly under. Great coverage and easy to pinpoint. For heavy erosion I use an 8x11".. salt water beach

Posted by: markg
Date: November 15, 2017 07:42PM
I had a Miner John 5 x 9 folded mono loaned to me by Charles in Indiana and can say it is the best of any coil I've used on my SL. Trashy separation is excellent and it's actually more stable than all the others I've tried. Depth is equal to or slightly more than the 7 1/2 dual field coil. Just my experience.

Posted by: Mega
Date: November 16, 2017 10:58AM
I mainly use 2 coils for 95% of the time on the TDI Pro,main everyday use coil is the MJ 9x5 folded mono a terrific coil for low conductivity coins like silver hammered coins and roman,for pasture use and clean open farmland sites then i use a Coiltek 14x9 Mono coil ultra lightweight as its foam filled rather than resin filled and deep but also very very good on small finds as well,this coil i may add was designed for the GPX but works superbly on the TDI Pro,infact i have never used the stock coil or 7.5'' DF,but then when i require ultimate depth then i would use either the 15x12 Minelab Mono coil or the 20'' Sierra Grande Mono from Jimmy Sierra and made by MJ for him.

But if i was too suggest one coil that is my favourite then that would be the deadly 9x5 MJ folded mono,a real joy to use,when used in low conductivity mode it rejects almost all the non desirable targets like nails etc but when a low conductive silver hammered coin gets under the coil then it sings out and that is all i want.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Posted by: roadapple
Date: November 16, 2017 01:48PM
+ 1 on the Folded 8 mono coil ! I have the original Razorback 5x10 folded 8 mono coil, which later became the 5x9 Miner John coil, but as stated above this is a killer of a coil on the TDI .

Posted by: Bill W.
Date: November 17, 2017 11:58PM
Thanks for all of the input! It’s greatly appreciated. The MJD 5 x 9 will no doubt be my first purchase. I’m sure I’ll have several in short order. Lol. It appears there are many good coils for the TDI.

-Bill

Posted by: GeoGreece
Date: December 30, 2017 09:49AM
I have the 7.5" coil by Whites.
Also i have a home made 24" round coil and a 40" square coil for very large objects at big depth.
TDI is very good detector.

Posted by: Mega
Date: December 30, 2017 10:25AM
GeoGreece
I have the 7.5" coil by Whites.
Also i have a home made 24" round coil and a 40" square coil for very large objects at big depth.
TDI is very good detector.

Interesting info about the 24'' and 40'' coil for the TDI,have you any pictures of these coils as i am trying to make one myself for the TDI,are these 2 large coils shaft mnounted or strap mounted and you use the control belt mounted ??

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Posted by: GeoGreece
Date: December 30, 2017 10:41AM
I attached photos to Geotech1 before many years when i constructed the coils.
You can search there.
24" coil is shaft mounted.
40" coil is mounted with both ways, shaft mounted or strap mounted and i use the control belt mounted, but i must keep the control unit far from coil.
It is better to existing a second person to keep the unit far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login