Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Question on TDI SL and mild mineralization
Posted by: padiggin
Date: January 07, 2018 03:46PM
Hi - if this question has been asked before, I apologize. I’m new to the TDI and bought it mainly for hunting the central VA high mineralization soil. However where I live in central PA, the ground is a lot less mineralized and very mild. Would the TDI give me any more dept in the lower mineralization than my MXT? Or would i just be better off running the MXT in my home area and just use the TDI when I’m down in Virginia? I was told by a Whites dealer that the TDI would still give me better depth in low mineralization over the MXT. Not sure if that is correct, which is why I’m asking the experts out there.
Thanks!
Don

Don

Reading, Pennsylvania

Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Re: Question on TDI SL and mild mineralization
Posted by: roadapple
Date: January 07, 2018 07:39PM
Whites told you correct ! The TDI pulse machines will go deeeeeep .

Date: January 08, 2018 06:29AM
Sounds good! Thanks so much for the reply!!

Don

Reading, Pennsylvania

Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 08, 2018 08:56AM
TDI will go deeper and you will learn what the machine is telling you. Pull up Reg's posts for a real education.

Thanks Doc!!N/T
Date: January 08, 2018 11:56AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Don
Reading, Pennsylvania
Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Date: January 08, 2018 12:38PM
Looks like I found my answer - Doc Holiday suggested to read up on previous posts by Reg and I found two in which he states: "If I lived in an area with little mineralization, I would probably not find the TDI to help me much at all" and "In mild ground with little mineralization, I suspect the MXT will easily be the better of the two machines for coin hunting." That answers my question, looks like I will use the TDI for the bad Virginia ground while relic hunting and use the MXT in my home areas of Central PA for the mild/low mineralization ground. Thanks!

-Don

Don

Reading, Pennsylvania

Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Posted by: Reg
Date: January 10, 2018 08:55AM
I need to correct myself and say the TDI can work better than the MXT in mild ground also. I strongly recommend using the TDI everywhere. At least try it for a decent amount of time. You will be surprised at what you can find.

Also, because of the "see through" ability of the TDI you can find coins in hunted out areas.

Reg

Posted by: Mega
Date: January 10, 2018 09:36PM
Reg
I need to correct myself and say the TDI can work better than the MXT in mild ground also. I strongly recommend using the TDI everywhere. At least try it for a decent amount of time. You will be surprised at what you can find.

Also, because of the "see through" ability of the TDI you can find coins in hunted out areas.

Reg

This statement from Reg is not only interesting but i do like challenges like this,on most of my UK ground conditions are reasonably mild so i am thinking that i may start taking the TDI Pro out more too play and use it mainly as i usually do in low conductivity,this i find not only nails our silver hammered coins and also most roman coinage but also you dont dig as much iron.I am out sunday on a very interesting permission so my game plan is taking the TDI out with the 9x5 folded mono coil and also the Coiltek 14x9 Mono as well,those 2 are are my favourite coils for the TDI Pro.

Reg,thanks for the challenge,will give it a try and report back.

Upgrading your detecting knowledge is far more important that chasing the latest detector/s !!!

Posted by: markg
Date: January 18, 2018 07:32AM
I have found my most valuable finds with the TDI. At sites hammered by the very best VLF machine in the world.
Practice all you can, don't discouraged if you dig a few nails.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 18, 2018 12:41PM
I can Never forgive whites for not doing a couple simple Reg mods to the TDI Pro and having a Real winner.

And Boykin please don't give me that BS about the TDI Pro being "Old Technology". It Still works better than Anything whites has now.

Excellent!! Thanks Reg!!N/T
Date: January 25, 2018 12:15PM

Don
Reading, Pennsylvania
Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Wow, thanks Mark!!N/T
Date: January 25, 2018 12:17PM

Don
Reading, Pennsylvania
Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Posted by: Mega
Date: February 24, 2018 12:55PM
I am taking my TDI out tomorrow on a very sandy soil site but not specifically high in mineral content,but will be taking a VLF machine as well,but gut feeling tells me that all though it appears to be of a not high mineral content,the targets that i am after ie roman/saxon and celtic could be down deeper than normal just by the fact that the sandy soil would not hold the targets at say the same way that normal soil would.

Of course i could be wrong on both counts ie the sink rate and also the mineral content,but best if one takes a selection of tools,one of them will be the right tool for the job,the Lidar shows up some promising ground features on this 75 acre site,hope we get lucky and will try and update after the event.

Upgrading your detecting knowledge is far more important that chasing the latest detector/s !!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login