Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Beach hunt 1/13/18
Posted by: Flbchbm
Date: January 14, 2018 08:37PM
Managed to get over to the east coast for some hunting with my TDI on Saturday. Storms have stripped a couple feet of sand from the beach since the last time I was there. Started out hitting a lot of iron so switched to Gb mode/high conductor. Dug a bunch of clad dimes. As the targets thinned out I decided to turn the GB off to get the deeper and wider detection field. When I got a hit, I turned the GB back on ro try to weed out the ferrous. Worked pretty good. Played for about five hours. Take: two junk rings, one junk pendant, one nickle, 10 pennies, 4 quarters and 17 dimes. Nothing old. Plus the usual beach trash. Used the stock coil. All wet sand, no surf. Nice way to spend the day

Re: Beach hunt 1/13/18
Posted by: markg
Date: January 18, 2018 07:29AM
Keep at it, the finds will come.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: January 19, 2018 11:46AM
Good report---and good luck.

Posted by: Flbchbm
Date: January 29, 2018 09:40AM
Got the loupe out today and looked closer at the rings. One is a Tiffany & Co. 0.925 ladies ring. Not dainty at all, which made me think it was a (nice) junker. Has a tiny little diamond chip(?) in it , too. Guess I will clean it up and give it to my daughter. So, make that one junker ring and one nice heavy silver ring.

Posted by: pasttom
Date: January 31, 2018 11:37AM
Not a lock, but general rule is small stones are usually genuine in a solid silver or gold/plat setting. The bigger it is the more likely to be man made. Right?

Pastor Tom
5 Minelabs, 3 Makros, 2 TDIs, 3 Fisher & a Teknetics
Excavations by my Corgi, Sadie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login