Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
TDI SL on the beach
Posted by: powerwalker
Date: March 01, 2018 04:40AM
Hi all i'm pretty new to the SL and pulse machine's in general, most of my detecting is on the beach and wanted to try the SL to see if i could get the deeper targets when the conditions are right
i have a 14x9 coiltek on the SL and my settings are GB off conductivity on low, gain on full, pulse delay on full , these are settings a friend gave me who also uses a TDI SL now i'm digging lots of iron but also getting plenty coins and had a few rings the best was a platinum so i'm not disillusioned but after starting to read some of these great posts i think i maybe need some expert advice, the beaches i hunt are in N,Ireland UK
thanks in advance for any advice Pete

Re: TDI SL on the beach
Posted by: Mega
Date: March 01, 2018 05:20AM
What is the point of having the GB off and the low conductivity on ?? i use the same Coilktek coil and when i run mine albeit not alot of the time on the beach,but i run my gain about half way and the delay about midway as well,dig very little iron and the low conductivity suits me for hunting silver hammered and roman coinage and also gold jewellery as well when do the odd beach days beach detecting.

Of course this is just how i run my TDI Pro and the Coiltek coil was in theory made for the GPX range of machines,but works extremely well the TDI machines.

Date: March 01, 2018 02:43PM
Hi Mega as i said in my post i'm new to the TDI and the settings i'm using are what someone gave me so i'm hoping someone like yourself will help point me in the right direction, i was told if i could get away without GB i should but having read lot's of posts today i think i'm definitely set up wrong
thanks again and good luck Pete

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: March 05, 2018 11:49PM
Gain about 90%, delay around 11~14. Gb off. Your ears and brain will be the #1 discriminator in a short time. For the most part dig any whispers.
The higher delay setting allows a cleaner sound g signal. Easier to pinpoint and easier to determine shape and size to decide weather to dig or not. I use the 14x9 Jimmy Sierra foam filled coil. In water it's ok up to knee deep if using a straight shaft

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2018 11:50PM by stephenscool.

Date: March 06, 2018 02:06PM
Hi stephenscool and thanks for your reply i'm heading for the beach tomorrow for a couple of hours and will try the settings and let you know how i get on
thanks Pete

Date: March 07, 2018 03:51AM
Ok. Might want to invest in an aftermarket battery too

Date: March 19, 2018 02:26PM
Hi Stephonscool tried your settings and finding a lot more than i was before i was out today and there was a nice long gully i dug plenty of rubbish but got a few coins and a nice 9k ring thanks for taking the time to answer my post,
good luck Pete

Date: March 19, 2018 10:04PM
powerwalker
Hi Stephonscool tried your settings and finding a lot more than i was before i was out today and there was a nice long gully i dug plenty of rubbish but got a few coins and a nice 9k ring thanks for taking the time to answer my post,
good luck Pete
Looks great Pete. In a short time you can discriminate those elongated signals by ear and skip them if you want.
Hope to see some great finds from you

Date: March 20, 2018 03:32PM
Thanks again your'e help and advice is much appreciated
Pete

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login