Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
7.5 coil question
Posted by: rogue
Date: March 09, 2018 04:53AM
well Whites is having a sale 50% off if you buy a new machine. I just bought the new tdi sl special edition and was thinking of a bigger coil for shells as i hunt mostly relics in my area. They dont have a bigger coil listed.. So my question, what is the difference between the 7.5 oz and the 7.5, and I dont want to pass up a deal if im going to pay full price because i need one down the road. For relics i never thought i would go smaller on the coil but i never ran a tdi so thought i would ask for some opinions on this...other wise ill just grab the shovel for 30 bucks because im planning on wearing mine out...lol....Thanks

Re: 7.5 coil question
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: March 09, 2018 08:10AM
Assuming the 7.5oz (Australia) is mono, normal 7.5 is dualfield coil.

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: March 09, 2018 09:37AM
Did they sell out of the 8 x 14 Mono's?
Jim

Posted by: Mega
Date: March 09, 2018 10:28AM
I have both the 12'' and 7.5'' DF coils and if i am honest i have never used them,have never used them,i guess they have had possibly 60minutes use each,so they are just gathering just,much prefer Mono coils on the TDI,main ones that i use are the 14x9 Coiltek and this is one that was made for the GPX range of machines but boy does it work well on the TDI,another favourite of mine is a 10x5 folded mono produced by Miner John,if i require ultimate depth i then use either the 15x12 Commando mono coil,Detech 18'' Mono por the big fella the 20'' Grande Sierra mono.

Almost all GPX and allied model mono coils work well from my experience on the TDI range,this gives you a tremendous coil range for the Whites TDI machines.

Date: March 09, 2018 05:45PM
only see three coils on the 50% off page and they are 7.5 oz, 7.5, 12" df

Date: March 09, 2018 05:49PM
Mega
I have both the 12'' and 7.5'' DF coils and if i am honest i have never used them,have never used them,i guess they have had possibly 60minutes use each,so they are just gathering just,much prefer Mono coils on the TDI,main ones that i use are the 14x9 Coiltek and this is one that was made for the GPX range of machines but boy does it work well on the TDI,another favourite of mine is a 10x5 folded mono produced by Miner John,if i require ultimate depth i then use either the 15x12 Commando mono coil,Detech 18'' Mono por the big fella the 20'' Grande Sierra mono.

Almost all GPX and allied model mono coils work well from my experience on the TDI range,this gives you a tremendous coil range for the Whites TDI machines.

Well it comes with the 8x12 miner john coil and i guess i'll just get a bigger one in the 15 inch range. Looks like the shovel is the bargain...lol

Date: March 09, 2018 06:00PM
Thanks for the quick response everyone, i see miner john and coiltek has some 17" and 14" coils for the tdi. i'll run the machine a while with the stock 8x12 and learn it ..then decide how big to go

Posted by: Jim in Idaho
Date: March 10, 2018 01:29PM
The White's 8 x 14 is the Super Pulse 350. They must be sold out. They had a big sale last summer.....selling them for $35. Must have sold all they had.
Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2018 01:34PM by Jim in Idaho.

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: March 11, 2018 06:19AM
Looks like they are adopting a new line of coils and dumping stock of the old ones.. sure wish they had the Jimmy Sierra sale again (or a waterproof tdi)

Posted by: Mega
Date: March 11, 2018 06:31AM
stephenscool
Looks like they are adopting a new line of coils and dumping stock of the old ones.. sure wish they had the Jimmy Sierra sale again (or a waterproof tdi)

I doubt that we will ever get another opportunity like the Jimmy Sierra closing down sale,bought a few bargains from that sale and even including shipping to the UK the prices had been crazy low especially on that 20'' Grande Sierra one,i am wondering if Whites are going down the route more of using 3rd party coil makers ?? initially Detech for the VLF machines and then also Coiltek as well of late.

Another bonus that i see with the TDI range is the fact that most of the GPX/GP range of mono coils work on the Whites machines,most of mine that i have and use are the much cheaper to buy Minelab range options either Minelab coils or after market ones made for the GPX detectors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login