Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
High tones.....HELP
Posted by: rogue
Date: April 01, 2018 05:23PM
Ok, so I cant tell the difference between a nail and a three ringer{bullet}...I get the double beep signal ..when I get a double beep. I hear the crinkle tone for foil... Is there something im not listening for, or is my hearing shot? I have read posts where people say they can tell the difference but i put a bullet down and a headless nail and couldnt tell them apart???? any help would be appreciated :cry:

Re: High tones.....HELP
Posted by: padiggin
Date: April 24, 2018 07:59PM
I'm fairly new with the TDI, I used it in Virginia at one of the hunts and did okay with it, but I did hear a lot of complaints from many former TDI users of the same thing you are complaining about. They all have switched to the Minelab GPX. I just don't want to spend that kind of money on a detector and feel the TDI works just fine for my needs. But I didn't find any bullets with it lately so I can't specifically say from experience on your issue. But I do know other guys have complained about the same problem with the nails and bullets. From what the former users have told me, there is no way to tell the difference between nails and .58 caliber three ringers.

Don

Reading, Pennsylvania

Current machines:
MineLab Equinox 600
Tesoro Stingray
Tesoro Tejon
Whites MXT
Whites TDI

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: April 25, 2018 12:21AM
Try lifting the coil a little higher. The nail will sound much narrower. Suggest bury some actual test targets and learn the difference or at least get an understanding of the difference before in field trials. The "length" Or "width" difference will be something you need to train your ears too.

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: April 25, 2018 09:04AM
Forgot to mention. When lifting the coil lift so the target us just slightly stronger than a whisper. Listen to the target response and try to draw a picture in your head of the size and shape of the target. There is a definite response difference if you know what to listen for

Posted by: rogue
Date: April 25, 2018 07:18PM
thanks for the replies..Stephenscool....Im just going to keep at it and i will try lifting the coil...I did make a test garden and will try your advice..thanks again
padiggin... I am in Va, and like you , not interested in spending money on a gpx. I think the tdi will suit me just fine when i get a little more time with it...its killer on brass, i dont think i ever dug so many caps..lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2018 07:21PM by rogue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login