Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Help with Coil Choice
Posted by: rebel pride
Date: April 12, 2018 07:33PM
Bought a TDI Pro couple of weeks ago for relic hunting. Have been using a deus at a civil war bullet spill and most bullets were 10 plus inches. Want to go back with TDI and possibly pull out some deep ones I feel are still there. These are 69 caliber so it would be worth the time. Only have stock 12" coil and want to know if the 14" miner John would give me more depth or what should I go with. Thanks for any input.

Re: Help with Coil Choice
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 16, 2018 05:32AM
I no longer have the TDI Pro, but I did use it for a couple of years. I had the Miner John 14" coil and have to say there wasn't a lot of difference, in fact I preferred the 12" stock coil. I would stick with the stock 12" until you really get to know the machine well, then try and get hold of a 14" coil to try before actually making a purchase. For sure the 14" will get larger targets a little deeper, but it would be more profitable to become a master of the machine first.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login