Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
TDI pro body mount setup
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: April 13, 2018 12:36AM
I'm strongly considering body mounting the Pro instead of shaft mounting. Will be used on wetsand salt water at night with unreliable weather forecasts.
Any setups or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Torn between hip mount with an added bungee over the shoulder to absorb the weight and a chest mount with a waterproof bag and cable clams.
Hip mount easier but more vulnerable to weather and mishaps. Chest mount cumbersome and easy for the bag to nudge the knobs.
Hip mounted I will also wrap a bag around it and rip a hole for the clip.

Re: TDI pro body mount setup
Posted by: Mega
Date: April 13, 2018 03:11AM
Thats exactly what i am doing chest mounting my control box on my TDI,especially when using my larger coils ie 18'' and 20'' ones the overall weight can become a little too much after a while,at the moment i use a full harness with a 'hipstick' and that does work very well i must say,but always wanted the Jimmy Sierra chest harness but alas Jimmy no longer makes or sells them,but in the last week i have finally located one and it should be coming home to me in the next few weeks or so.

Surprisingly enough its not my 20'' coil that i have trouble with its the Minelab 15x12 Mono coil,i find using this coil a struggle but it does what i want from a largish coil,so i am keeping it,the chest harness will alleviate alot of the problems,albeit by taking the control box off when using this coil it does reduce the weight of course but then the shaft/coil setup then becomes nose heavy,but i will address that problem when i get to it.

As i dont as a general rule beach detect then problems of water ingress etc or other beach related problems are not really a issue for me,but weight can be a problem.

Upgrading your detecting knowledge is far more important that chasing the latest detector/s !!!

Re: TDI pro body mount setup
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: April 13, 2018 03:45AM
I made some adjustments to the behind the elbow shaft. MUCH better now. If you have time please post a photo or 2 of the Sierra setup when it arrives.

Thanks mega

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login