Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Tdi pro gb at the beach
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: April 20, 2018 02:31AM
Do any of the pro users gb at a salt water wetsand beach? I want to discriminate by size, shape, and response. Not by hi/lo. I take it will run deeper in straight pi but noisier. Any shared experiences would be great

Re: Tdi pro gb at the beach
Date: April 22, 2018 02:45AM
I'll figure it out. Limited time at the beach and don't want to waste time. Better to have an idea of what to expect. Will run straight pi.. find a few deep rounders and then gb and see the results

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 22, 2018 01:18PM
Stephen I've always heard that no GB is preferable at the beach---your findings will be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 23, 2018 10:22AM
I never GB'd on the wet sand when I used the TDI Pro

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils.

Posted by: sonnar28
Date: April 23, 2018 11:22AM
stephenscool
Do any of the pro users gb at a salt water wetsand beach? I want to discriminate by size, shape, and response. Not by hi/lo. I take it will run deeper in straight pi but noisier. Any shared experiences would be great

The only time that I use ground balance on the Pro on the saltwater beach is when I am wanting to knock out the high conductor targets, such as when I'm in a coin patch and I really don't want to dig the quarters/dimes/pennies.

Usually a ground balance of about 6.5 will knock out most of the pennies as high conductors while the 10 karat men's class ring stays in as a low conductor. But the price to pay is about 3 to 4 inches of depth loss with ground balance on, using a Miner John 14 inch mono coil with a pulse delay of just a little higher than 10. The Reg modified TDI Pro can usually run a gain of about eight, however the non-Reg modified Pro can only run about 5 to 6 gain with ground balance on. This is my experience on South Carolina and Georgia beaches, which are moderately mineralized at worst.

The reg modified Pro runs just as smoothly with the ground balance on as with the ground balance off/straight PI mode in these conditions. The non-reg modified Pro is noisier with the ground balance on compared to straight PI mode, if you're trying to push the gain for maximum depth. I am sure the results would be somewhat different if I were on a black sand beach.

Charles

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: April 23, 2018 11:28AM
Good report Sonnar 28.Thanks.

Date: April 24, 2018 10:13AM
Won't be hunting for a couple months.. somethings come up

Posted by: Mega
Date: April 25, 2018 02:37AM
Only used the TDI Pro on the beach a few times,as i live so far inland its rare that i go beach detecting,only use the TDI basically for just one main site which was a trading villa site for about 400 years,the ground conditions are about as bad as you can get as the mineral content is just like black sand on a beach.The only machines that reallly work are multi freq machines ie Minelabs etc and Pulse machine,because this site is so prolific coinage wise and still producing even after about 10 years,each turn of the plough brings up new find.

Normal use on specific sites i would run with GB on and on low conductivity,but when i suspect the possibility of a deep artifact then the GB is turned off

A stick with a plastic ring at one end and an eternal optimist at the other!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login