Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Tdi pro mods
Posted by: stephenscool
Date: May 05, 2018 12:12PM
Are the mods for the pro version still being done?
Will they be useful for saltwater sand no gb?

I live in Asia if the mods are still done will shipping be a problem (USPS priority mail I pay)
Thanks

Re: Tdi pro mods
Posted by: Reg
Date: May 06, 2018 05:31AM
The answer to both of your questions is no. No one is doing the mods now and the mods would not help if the GB is off. The noise reduction mod alters the GB channel which is where most of the noise comes from, Also, the opamp used in the preamp change is now obsolete.

Reg

Date: May 06, 2018 05:39AM
Ok, thanks.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: May 06, 2018 12:04PM
Whites dropped the ball on the TDI Pro !!!!

Posted by: sandbandit
Date: May 11, 2018 10:24PM
Seriously - it's my favorite detector for beach hunting - I find gold just about every time out!!!

Date: May 15, 2018 03:07AM
sandbandit
Seriously - it's my favorite detector for beach hunting - I find gold just about every time out!!!
I've got to agree with you sandbandit. It's going to take some time to warm up to the pro threshold.. used to the sl. I just haven't found a beach detector, mf or pi, that can compare to it

Posted by: karelian
Date: May 20, 2018 04:37AM
Stephenscool, that SL threshold is a thing of beauty, but the Pro should give better performance and yes the threshold is rough..
If the beach is not too mineralized then have you considered running the Pro with the threshold just barely silent. I put a rubber grommet under the threshold knob so it only moves when I turn it.
You can adjust the machine with a threshold as per normal and then turn the threshold to just the point where it is silent. No loss of performance in my experience. Threshold when doing the setup and adjustments then run silent when searching. When balanced you can even push the gain/sensitivity into the hot zone whilst enjoying the silence. Because the knob is set and won't move you can have confidence the machine is performing at it's best. Periodic checks, no so much on beach sand but in hot ground are necessary. Experiment and let us know if it works for you. When prospecting I run with a threshold but the beach is more forgiving.

All the best,
Karelian.

Date: May 21, 2018 06:33AM
Thanks Karelian.. another month or so then I have a long holiday coming up. Also picked up a surf pi pro (Heavy rain, in water). If the threshold knob is moving around I will make a fix. The sl I just completely took off the 1 knob as my elbow would brush it once in a while while digging deep holes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login