Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
help I found a detail in the
Posted by: PRICEO
Date: June 20, 2018 02:53AM
I opened the box to see if my unit had the modification and found this.
The equipment works but it will not be determined how it really does as expected from a unit like this.

Re: help I found a detail in the
Date: June 20, 2018 03:00AM
Here is more in detail. The equipment works but please tell me what kind of tests you would have to do to test its operation. with a nickel of 5 cents

Posted by: Mega
Date: June 20, 2018 03:13AM
Welcome,what exactly are you trying too achieve with your TDI ?? is it a new model or one that you are having problems with and trying to get repaired or just some additional performance ??

Me personally i have a TDI Pro that is not modified,although i had thought about it,but for my type of detecting that i use it for i just run it without any modifications,i am more after larger targets than small so basically use a bigger coil for my needs.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Date: June 20, 2018 03:40AM
Mega
Welcome,what exactly are you trying too achieve with your TDI ?? is it a new model or one that you are having problems with and trying to get repaired or just some additional performance ??

Me personally i have a TDI Pro that is not modified,although i had thought about it,but for my type of detecting that i use it for i just run it without any modifications,i am more after larger targets than small so basically use a bigger coil for my needs.
HELLO MEGA.
Thanks for answering this post. I'm from Argentina I was using the internet browser translator.
About two months ago I purchased the equipment in a conpra online. They sent it to my country. It is a used equipment.
  I noticed the possibility of having acquired with luck a computer that has mods but apparently it is not so .. and for surprise I found this detail that NE CONCERNED.
I want to emphasize that the equipment works but my concern is that welding detail.

I would like to know if an air test could answer my concern and how many inches I should wait in a Tdi for a test with a goal like a nickel. Is that a good way to check the performance of this team? I only have that US currency.

Date: June 20, 2018 04:09AM
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?73,2295988,2296740

Here I found some publications about what to expect in the nickel tests.

Date: June 20, 2018 09:18AM
Not sure what else too suggest then,i only use my TDI Pro for deep artifacts and pasture site here in the UK,i mainly use larger coil for the depth.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: June 20, 2018 09:23AM
Mega
Not sure what else too suggest then,i only use my TDI Pro for deep artifacts and pasture site here in the UK,i mainly use larger coil for the depth.

Hi Rick, interested to know what size and type/make your larger coil is? Are you getting out with it much these days?

Happy Hunting
Minelab GPX-5000 - Backup GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites TDI. Nexus MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus DMC-IIB.

Date: June 20, 2018 09:57AM
filternozzle

Hi Rick, interested to know what size and type/make your larger coil is? Are you getting out with it much these days?

I am using it more and more and the main large coils that i have been using is the 14x9 Coiltek mono,15x12 Commander mono coil,and at the other end of the spectrum size wise the 7.5'' DF coil,those are the 3 main coils,but the Coiltek stays on almost all the time,the main reason it does give additional depth over the stock coil but normally as you go up in size you decrease the sensitivity on small targets,but with this coil i personally find it gives me the best of both worlds ie depth and sensitivity.But the biggest bonus with the Coiltek is that because the coil is foamed filled rather than resin then its basically as light as a feather,but of course the downside is that it would tend too float in the surf,but as i would not use it on the beach then that is not a problem.

The 2 largest coils that i use but not very often is the 18'' Detech mono and the big fella the 20'' Mono from Jimmy Sierra and made by the old razorback guy,i dont think it was made by Miner John though.But these big fella's are very site specific for mainly 2 sites that i personally think have 2 scattered hoards in,once again i guess i could/would work the detector along side the MP.

Main use will be after harvest time on the 'pumping station' site which is notorious for black sand but with the massive amount of roman coinage that has come out its worth using the TDI Pro,although saying that the MP could also be a good option as well.

Posted by: Reg
Date: June 22, 2018 08:58AM
If your detector is working then the part in the picture is working fine. It is the microcontroller that controls everything. DO NOT MESS WITH IT IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!

There is no potentiometer (in side) that can be adjusted that will make things better , but messing with almost any one of the pots can make things worse. Most pots are precisely calibrated using special procedures and equipment.

You can use a nickel to test the TDI by running a simple air test. With the ground balance off, the gain at maximum, using the 12 inch coil, delay at minimum, conductivity switch in low, a distance of 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 inches should be obtained on a nickel. This test should be done in a noise free area.

Reg

Date: June 22, 2018 09:57AM
Reg
If your detector is working then the part in the picture is working fine. It is the microcontroller that controls everything. DO NOT MESS WITH IT IN ANY WAY!!!!!!!

There is no potentiometer (in side) that can be adjusted that will make things better , but messing with almost any one of the pots can make things worse. Most pots are precisely calibrated using special procedures and equipment.

You can use a nickel to test the TDI by running a simple air test. With the ground balance off, the gain at maximum, using the 12 inch coil, delay at minimum, conductivity switch in low, a distance of 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 inches should be obtained on a nickel. This test should be done in a noise free area.

Reg

Thank you, teacher. I am reading each of your publications. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am calmer because it gives me those values ​​for the conditions that you recommend. I stay much calmer and sure that everything is going well in my TDI. a fraternal greeting for you REG and for all the members of this Forum because really without the information that there is by this means it becomes very difficult the things. Thank you very much from SOUTH AMERICA. "ARGENTINA".

RICARDO PRICEO GOMEZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login