Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
TDI mods
Posted by: Reg
Date: July 18, 2018 10:02AM
How many people are still interested in having their TDI (Big box) modded? Cost would be about $120. This would include the noise reduction and the filter change to Pro filtering. A free option would be shorting out a filter that would reduce weak signal problems. Email me at rgsniff@comcast.net if serious.

Reg

Re: TDI mods
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: July 19, 2018 10:01AM
Is it yourself that will be doing the mods Reg?

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites TDI. Nexus MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Posted by: Reg
Date: July 19, 2018 12:01PM
My hands don't work well, so I won't be doing them and the fact there is no real interest, it looks like no one will. I won't train someone if there is little to no interest. That wouldn't be fair to them.

Reg

Date: July 19, 2018 12:13PM
Reg
My hands don't work well, so I won't be doing them and the fact there is no real interest, it looks like no one will. I won't train someone if there is little to no interest. That wouldn't be fair to them.

Reg

Hopefully, you will get more enquiries as I was looking forward to having mine done Reg.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites TDI. Nexus MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Posted by: Mega
Date: July 20, 2018 05:47AM
Not 100% sure what exact mods could/can be done on my TDI Pro,but saying that i am more than happy with mine for the amount of time i use it and also the 'specific site use' as well,as its not a everyday use detector then the modification/s is not a high priority for me,if the mods had been available here in the UK then i would probably have looked again at getting it carried out.But then this leads me onto and i can only speak for my specific case,does the cost of shipping it across the pond and getting it modified outway the advantageous,and at this moment in time the TDI Pro in its standard form does everything and more that i want from this detector.

Of course other users could/will see advantages and get the mods done and if it they use it alot then that fine,if i used mine as a everyday detector then it would be back in the box and shipped out,but its not.

My main everyday detectors are VLF based,and the Pulse machines that i have including the TDI are mainly site specific use machines,of course those folks who do get the modifications done will see a improvement.

Mainly detect deep pasture and ploughed farmland in the UK.

For me 'The thrill of the chase is greater than the prize'

Posted by: lytle78
Date: July 20, 2018 09:02AM
I had one with Reg’s mods – I can tell you it’s like night and day - the threshold was smooth as silk. Paul in California - who has it now - swears by it and has thanked me several times for selling it to bim.

Rick Kempf

Date: July 20, 2018 01:06PM
Mega
Not 100% sure what exact mods could/can be done on my TDI Pro,but saying that i am more than happy with mine for the amount of time i use it and also the 'specific site use' as well,as its not a everyday use detector then the modification/s is not a high priority for me,if the mods had been available here in the UK then i would probably have looked again at getting it carried out.But then this leads me onto and i can only speak for my specific case,does the cost of shipping it across the pond and getting it modified outway the advantageous,and at this moment in time the TDI Pro in its standard form does everything and more that i want from this detector.

Of course other users could/will see advantages and get the mods done and if it they use it alot then that fine,if i used mine as a everyday detector then it would be back in the box and shipped out,but its not.

My main everyday detectors are VLF based,and the Pulse machines that i have including the TDI are mainly site specific use machines,of course those folks who do get the modifications done will see a improvement.

Happy Hunting

Date: July 20, 2018 01:09PM
lytle78
I had one with Reg’s mods – I can tell you it’s like night and day - the threshold was smooth as silk. Paul in California - who has it now - swears by it and has thanked me several times for selling it to bim.[/quote)

That's good to hear. Thanks for posting, it might help encourage others with the older TDIs to take an interest in having the Mods done.

Happy Hunting

Posted by: PRICEO
Date: July 24, 2018 10:19PM
Hello Reg. I'm interested but I live very far ... I'm from Argentina!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login