Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 20, 2018 08:05PM
I see that Whites has an Underwater TDI SL advertised on their web page,BUT it's a secret.

Re: Shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: July 21, 2018 01:38AM
doc holiday232
I see that Whites has an Underwater TDI SL advertised on their web page,BUT it's a secret.

.......???

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites TDI. Nexus MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Date: July 21, 2018 09:51AM
filternozzle

.......???

Apparently it's a secret--Whites REMOVED it from their product page.

Posted by: Tony
Date: July 24, 2018 04:04AM
No they didn't......

The info is still there and easy to find.

1. Do a Google search on "TDI BEACH HUNTER"
2. Scroll down to to the results and look for the "White's Electronics" link but click on the small downward triangle on the second line directly below the main top link.
3. Click on "CACHED"

Tony.

PS....The manual is there as well.

Date: July 24, 2018 04:19AM
Tony
No they didn't......

The info is still there and easy to find.

1. Do a Google search on "TDI BEACH HUNTER"
2. Scroll down to to the results and look for the "White's Electronics" link but click on the small downward triangle on the second line directly below the main top link.
3. Click on "CACHED"

Tony.

PS....The manual is there as well.

And this is what you get:

Could not find the requested document in the cache.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites TDI. Nexus MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Date: July 24, 2018 05:50AM
I'm sure if Whites do have an Underwater TDI SL in production it would be up for sale on their site.

In my opinion they missed the boat, they could have had a waterproof TDI out years ago but didnt go for it, hardly likely to do so at this late stage. Of course, I could be wrong.

Happy Hunting

Posted by: Tony
Date: July 24, 2018 05:53AM
Strange...I get the results I previously posted.

Date: July 27, 2018 11:23AM
Tooooooo Little toooooooo Late.

New Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Posted by: sonnar28
Date: July 29, 2018 09:07AM
I thought these photos might be of interest, google "New Whites TDI Beach Hunter" for the full discussion/ source of photos.

Charles

Re: New Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Date: July 29, 2018 11:19AM
sonnar28
I thought these photos might be of interest, google "New Whites TDI Beach Hunter" for the full discussion/ source of photos.

Charles

It looks like the Conductivity Switch has been dropped.???????

Happy Hunting

Posted by: lucar
Date: July 30, 2018 01:55AM
So it's non longer a "secret" !! :)

I've built my waterproof TDI SL two years ago: this is going to be my third summer season with this machine.

It's an awsome machine and very effective but it will make you dig a hell of garbage out of the water so be counscious of what You're doing if You buy this one or the upcoming (if ever) Fisher Manta (or whatever they want to call it). I warned You.

Whites knows that I have it but strangely they never asked my opinion or advice on it, in fact I already see at least three or four mistakes in their(official?) version.

Luca

P.s. THANKS Reg for the help given in modifying it!

Re: New Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Posted by: Mega
Date: July 30, 2018 04:28AM
filternozzle

Charles

It looks like the Conductivity Switch has been dropped.???????

Does seem that way,in my mind the conductivity switch was its 'winning trump card' and also like yourself they could well have missed the boat,it should have been produced years ago,but with this new offering from Fisher knocking on the door that looks to be more promising then it may well hit the potential sales of this TDI beach hunter.

I think it will all hinge on the price,no good for me as i dont do any beach detecting.

Mainly detect deep pasture and ploughed farmland in the UK.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Date: July 30, 2018 10:41AM
Whites and the TDI series is like watching the KeyStone Cops or maybe the Three Stooges.

I love my 2 TDI's but have had it with Whites.

Date: July 30, 2018 11:56AM
Better late than never.
It will be interesting to see the price.
Whites UK will probably not stock it but who knows, they might surprise us.

I certainly could do with a rain/dustproof TDI with the weather we have here in Scotland. Normally have to make do with a 5p supermarket carrier bag. However, for me, I think this new TDI would be an expensive luxury. So I will carry on with the plastic bag, a hell of a lot cheaper.

It may well attract those who want to submerge their detector but I do think price will play a big part of its popularity.

Happy Hunting

Date: August 01, 2018 05:23AM
I contacted Whites UK to see if they would consider modifying my TDI to make it waterproof. The answer was no.
I had pointed out there would probably be a number of owners who would like there TDIs to be waterproof, not necessarily for submerging the machine but to enable them to detect without problem in adverse weather conditions. Suppose I will have to stick with the supermarket plastic bag.

I cant see many existing TDI owners going for this new machine although it may well appeal to someone new to the TDI.

Happy Hunting

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login