Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
DD VS Mono (depth)
Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: September 02, 2018 06:54PM
My I think simple question is. How much more depth % do you get in Mono on a pulse machine? Ie TDI,GPX

Re: DD VS Mono (depth)
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: September 15, 2018 10:56AM
Hope some of the testers will show up.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: September 15, 2018 11:57AM
I don't know the answer but I do use both TDI and GPX. I only have the standard coil that came with my TDI. With GPX I use DD, AI (Anti Interference) and Mono. Using the same size coil the least depth is with the AI coil, the deepest is the Mono followed by the DD. I think the % difference is variable depending upon a multitude of things like ground, wet or dry conditions, target material, target size and shape etc..

I will use the best coil for the conditions and type of target I'm looking for. The difference may not be much between DD/Mono but using a mono for a little extra depth could be the difference between finding a really good target or passing it by.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500 with a very large selection of coils. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Posted by: Jim Robertson
Date: September 15, 2018 12:13PM
Thanks I do relic hunting in Va. and have only used the DD. It is a hunt that they have twice a year and many of the sites we have been to more than once. I was thinking the Mono may be the way to go to find targets that we have missed with the DD. I use the 4800 at those hunts. Thanks Jim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login