Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
Need actual settings for coin hunting..Please...Thank You!!
Posted by: makahaman
Date: September 30, 2018 12:46PM
Hi everyone, you all have been so gracious in helping explain the use of the TDI SL machine that I just purchased. But can you guys give me actual settings to try? I want to try different settings in the field to find old silver coins and the possible gold one if I am lucky. I was using the MX Sport and found a couple already at this old site dating in the 1700's but the hot rocks was making me go insane. I took out the TDI the other day and the depth on that thing is amazing!! Wow, it was a lot quieter than the VLF but I think I had it on the Low conductivity side so I could have missed coins, I was picking up nails and dug then out. So if all you pros out there could suggest a few programs for me to try Id greatly appreciate it, could you guys please explain the settings in detail for me and what to set each one at. Thanks again for all your continued support!!

Re: Need actual settings for coin hunting..Please...Thank You!!
Posted by: sonnar28
Date: October 03, 2018 03:03PM
Basic recipe to find silver (and hopefully little else!):

GB on / high conductor only

Set GB about 2, go to 1.5 if you are digging too much trash. You can try moving it up some to get more depth, but you will soon reach a point where trash comes in hard.

Pulse delay at 10 (Decrease gain if you need to to stabilize; the delay at 10 is what takes out the high iron. You may be able to nudge the delay up a little, but you have to take out the high iron)

Gain about 4, decrease or increase if you need to.

You may need to sweep the coil a little higher than usual with a VLF to stabilize. Don't worry, you have plenty of depth.

The basic recipe will need fine tuning to get the most out of your machine. I actually like your plan of using your machine with basic settings to get started, but you will greatly benefit from reading the resources that I mentioned.

Good luck!

Charles

Link
Posted by: therover
Date: October 04, 2018 06:38AM
Google "Whites TDI coin hunting Steve's Guide" Check that link out. Some good info.

Here is the link if you need it.

TDI Coin hunting

Posted by: makahaman
Date: October 04, 2018 08:15AM
Thank You!!

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: December 04, 2018 07:13AM
makahaman
Hi everyone, you all have been so gracious in helping explain the use of the TDI SL machine that I just purchased. But can you guys give me actual settings to try? I want to try different settings in the field to find old silver coins and the possible gold one if I am lucky. I was using the MX Sport and found a couple already at this old site dating in the 1700's but the hot rocks was making me go insane. I took out the TDI the other day and the depth on that thing is amazing!! Wow, it was a lot quieter than the VLF but I think I had it on the Low conductivity side so I could have missed coins, I was picking up nails and dug then out. So if all you pros out there could suggest a few programs for me to try Id greatly appreciate it, could you guys please explain the settings in detail for me and what to set each one at. Thanks again for all your continued support!![/quote

Makahaman, how are you getting on with your TDI SL?

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login