Findmall.com

Whites TDI Classroom

Welcome! Log In Register
TDI SL question...
Posted by: Diggerinva
Date: October 11, 2018 06:39PM
I hunted with an original TDI for a while and it worked great for getting those deeper relics that my vlf machines couldnt get. I only had the 12" dual field coil for it. I sold it and a few others to buy a GPX5000. The 5000 really came to life and showed its muscle when using the larger coils like 15" or more. I honestly didnt see alot of depth difference using the stock coils(11"DD on GPX). The problem was that the GPX was so sensitive to EMI near town or electric fences, and this describes alot of the sites i hunt....Anyway, while on the Whites website the other day, i noticed this new TDI SL special edition. It comes with a straight shaft(which i prefer), a 8x12 miner johns coil and the box is tan. They are around $1100. This set up seems really nice and light and perfect for relic hunting in the woods or corn stuble. You could add the 14" round miner johns coil for more open areas and be covered everywhere. I have heard that the SL is easier to GB than the original and know it is a little lighter, but some say not as deep?? I know that in HOT soil this machine should whip any VLF detector on depth.....but what about good to moderate soil in the woods? How would it stack up there against some of the deeper VLF machines like the F75, Tejon, Deus, MXT pro??? Thanks guys.

Re: TDI SL question...
Posted by: Diggerinva
Date: October 12, 2018 06:08PM
Nobody has input on the TDI SL on the TDI forum???

Re: TDI SL question...
Posted by: sonnar28
Date: October 12, 2018 08:59PM
I do not own a TDI SL, but this link may answer your question since you are familiar with the original TDI:

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?73,2433208,2433750#msg-2433750

Charles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login