Findmall.com

Pictures of You... Pictures of Me... Pictures etc.

Welcome! Log In Register
My Recent Minelab find of the month
Posted by: Detectorbits
Date: December 27, 2013 03:48PM
Won the August Find of the month competitions run by Minelab & Coiltek for this Hoard / Cache of 75 over 2000 year old Silver Celtic Staters My mate Dave and I found in a field in Southern England. This was spread over two hoards found 15ft apart on two seperate days. They were clearly deposited by the same people either for safe keeping or as a votive offering to the Gods. I suspect the first option. We have also found pockets of Roman coins scattered in various parts of the same field. The Celtic tribe that inhabited this part of Dorset in Southern England were known as the Durotrigians. They were known to trade with tribes in Northern France.

Re: My Recent Minelab find of the month
Posted by: Mega
Date: December 29, 2013 03:04PM
Nice finds Tony,as they had been found so close together do you think that others may be in the same location or prehaps even deeper ???

Posted by: purplesage
Date: December 31, 2013 10:46PM
Awesome finds!! Looks like you could use a pin pointer...they really come in handy!!:detecting:

Posted by: DE-Digger
Date: February 11, 2014 08:30PM
Getting some more snow in a few hours, as such I was surfing the forum and ran across your post. What a terrific find Tony :clapping:. My ancestors are from Standing Stone England and have always wanted to get over there for a hunt. Posts like yours just keep the hope alive. Thanks again Tony and congrats to you and your mate on your find.......great photos.

~Ben

Retired Navy

Current detectors owned
Excal II
Teknetics T2 ext
AT Pro
CTX 3030

Use the ProSwing 45

Oldest coin found
pre 1774 Jeton

NEVER TAKE A LAXATIVE AND A SEDATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT!

Posted by: jetapneiste
Date: April 29, 2014 07:03AM
Very lucky

Posted by: dign-nbama
Date: May 03, 2014 07:30AM
Very very impressive,, congratulations

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login