Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
Old Token Found
Posted by: richiet24
Date: April 12, 2018 05:31PM
HI,

I am new to metal detecting. I live in East Peoria but I am in Missouri for school. I just found an token of some sort. It is in the shape of an octagon, has the words Chas Laughlin around a 5 cent. The back has an adress: 310 olive st and around that says St. Louis and then one more word but I cant make it out. I am very curious what you guys might think of it.

Re: Old Token Found
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: April 12, 2018 06:18PM
Welcome to the forum Richie and congratulations on your interesting trade token find. I couldn't find any information on it, which is usually good for collectors because that means not many were made and even fewer left in circulation.

If you find any more trade tokens, here is a good data base to start finding info on the token. http://tokencatalog.com/

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: April 12, 2018 06:22PM
Hi Rich, Welcome to the forum. I love that token and it's a super find. Congratulations and I hope you find many many wonderful things while learning this new hobby of yours. We love it and there's a lot of good reading in past old posts. What machine do you use? More than likely there's a forum here on Findmall. Lots of wonderful people are here also. HH, Nancy

Posted by: richiet24
Date: April 12, 2018 09:29PM
Thank you for the site Larry. I use a Bounty Hunter 2200. I saw it for sale online at a great price so I had to get it. I found I really enjoy the hobby. I would like to attend your meetings when I'm back in town. I know I still have a lot to learn.

Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: April 13, 2018 12:14PM
Great starter machine. The more you use it, the more you'll like it. HH, Nancy

Nancy - Central Illinois
Am I getting rich? No, just having fun!
MXT
MXT PRO
With an arsenal of coils.

The General: 02/04/2008 - 03/05/2016. R.I.P. Big Boy and we'll see you at Rainbow Bridge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login