Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
Too Nice Not To Go Detecting
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: April 29, 2018 06:12PM
We were planning to come to the PATH Spring Hunt but had found out that it was in the afternoon only. :sadwalk: That wasn't going to work with Larry's work schedule. :sadwalk: He's been swamped lately. So with it being so nice out today, we decided to go for a drive and do some detecting. The weather couldn't have been any better. I hope others had a fun time detecting today as much as Larry and I did.

It was an all around "cache" day for me. First dig was 2-dimes, 1- nickel and a cent.....all clad in one hole. Then after a short time, I was hitting wheat cents. One hole had 3 wheat cents in it and another had 4 wheat cents with another wheat an inch away from the plug I dug. What a great day! :twodetecting: :happy:

When we got home, I was exhausted and Larry washed my finds for me. Thank you Honey. :cheekkiss: The flashlight is an LED and Larry thinks it might work with good batteries in it. I knew it was a longer object before digging it. Figured what the heck and dug it. After my muscles and old bones said, "ENOUGH". :stretcher: We came home.

Here's my bring home finds. 1940-Merc Dime, 1947-Ros. Dime, 15 - Wheat cents with the oldest being 1917. What fun and oh what pain. The silver dime and other wheat cent on the right are from a different hunt day.

Sorry we had to miss the PATH Hunt, but we managed to have fun today. I think between the two of us, we brought home 24 Wheat cents. :hot: Not too bad with a broken foot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 06:13PM by Nancy-IL.

Re: Too Nice Not To Go Detecting
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: April 29, 2018 06:42PM
Oh, I forgot to say that I only dug one piece of junk, not counting the spoon. :thumbup: I don't know what it is but that bent piece of flattened copper sure sounded pretty. :cry: HH and thanks for looking.

Re: Too Nice Not To Go Detecting
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: April 30, 2018 08:21AM
I sure got my butt handed to me on a silver platter :rofl: Congratulations honey, you had a great day :cheers:

My meager finds are nine wheats and some clad and a Mustang tootsie toy car. The oldest wheat is a 28.

We had our own fun hunt closer to home. :laugh: Sorry to miss the club hunt, I was looking forward to going, the timing was just bad for me.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login