Findmall.com

Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club (PATH IL)

Welcome! Log In Register
Grass Diving
Posted by: Steve1825
Date: August 10, 2018 11:23AM
I went back to Bradley Park to do some more grass diving this morning, The dirt is still rock hard but after nine cents and a dime, detecting about 100 more feet past from where I stopped last month, I rescued this .925 Pendant from 2-1/2 inch depth. :thumbup:

White's V3i w/12x10 SEF coil & Sun Ray Invader DX-1 Probe, White's Prizm 6T w/Sun Ray Invader PZ-1 Probe, Garrett Ace 250 w/Sun Ray Invader YF-1 Probe, Fisher 1280X for in the water, Fisher 1225X as my seeded hunt machine.

Member of Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club in Illinois.

Purchased my first detector in the spring of 1972, slowing down but still having fun.

Re: Grass Diving
Posted by: Nancy-IL
Date: August 10, 2018 06:17PM
Very very nice Steve. :thumbup: It's good to hear and see someone getting out and doing some detecting. The ground is too hard here and it's too dry. Grass is dying and scheduling is prohibiting us from doing any detecting. I think we've been out twice this year. :thumbdown:

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: August 11, 2018 07:46AM
Nice! Gotta love that silver. Now it's time to get serious and stop playing around with the little stuff. I WANT TO SEE GOLD IN YOUR NEXT POST. I heard of at least one 5 dollar gold piece found there in the 70's.

Posted by: wlininger@hotmail.com
Date: August 11, 2018 09:12PM
Good job Steve.

Posted by: marki61442
Date: October 03, 2018 10:49PM
How can you be a moderator of a club if you've only been out metal detecting twice this year?

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: October 04, 2018 08:14AM
Welcome to the forum Mark with your first post in 6 years. Being a forum moderator is a volunteer job with Finds Forums and has nothing to do with the club other than we started this forum many years ago for club members and the general public to use free of charge to share ideas and post finds. With the popularity of social media, forum use has dwindled over the years across the board but this forum is still here to use for those who are not very active in social media.

BTW, Nancy has been in poor health the past few years and has to pick her few hunting days when conditions are ideal. Our days of all day hunts a couple of days a week are long over and we get out to hunt when we can.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Steve1825
Date: October 08, 2018 08:27PM
I can't detect if I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Working 76 hours a week now and can't even go to meetings. :cry: I was on a good roll with jewelry finds too. I hope after all the rain we are getting somebody gets out for some better digging conditions.

White's V3i w/12x10 SEF coil & Sun Ray Invader DX-1 Probe, White's Prizm 6T w/Sun Ray Invader PZ-1 Probe, Garrett Ace 250 w/Sun Ray Invader YF-1 Probe, Fisher 1280X for in the water, Fisher 1225X as my seeded hunt machine.

Member of Peoria Area Treasure Hunters Club in Illinois.

Purchased my first detector in the spring of 1972, slowing down but still having fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login