Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: How bad is it Doctor?
Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 22, 2017 10:54PM
Sounds like most of you are beyond repair! Like me ha!

It's A Life Long Illness.....There Are Effective Interventions Though:stretcher:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: November 23, 2017 08:51AM
Abstinence is not recommended......however, should you run into periods where you can not detect due to other illnesses, broken equipment or severe weather, ask your doctor to write a prescriptions for this:

Date: November 23, 2017 09:06AM
Belonging to a support group like "DETECTING ANONYMOUS" is highly recommended by professionals to help solve associated problems with this addiction.

Re: Are You Addicted To Metal Detecting? If Yes, How Bad:drinking:
Date: November 23, 2017 09:11AM
Thanks for sharing. For me. it began many years ago. I quit smoking, and with the money I saved, I purchased my first metal detector......a Garrett Ultra 500. It was so easy to find coins. Thats when I became addicted. I substituted one addiction for another! (true story)

Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 23, 2017 09:18AM
For me it started about 15 years ago. I started out with a White’s IDX and tore up my backyard looking for coins! The last few years I have gotten my son into it and now he has the bug! Probably going to get him an AT Pro for Christmas. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I was addicted.........
Posted by: Elton
Date: November 23, 2017 10:06AM
I detected a lot of evenings after work... Every weekend, Every Holiday, And even planned vacations so I could detect.

Wow was I selfish ....... My family paid the price without ever complaining..... Kudos to them.. but not deserving to me...........

I realized one day when I heard plans being made I wasn't being counted on to be part of the festivities. . I heard a family member say "All dad cares about is detecting" so can we just go without him..??

That was an eye opener.. It made me realize how foolish and selfish I was being.. I do not detect all the time now..and in fact took a break from it to spend time with my family..

Like other things detecting can become an obsession and make one not consider others as long as their doing what they want ( Detecting).. It requires a balance... No one should let an obsession rule their life or time.. My family did not complain..They just adjusted and started moving on without me, or my time with them.. Rather than considering something that was important to them.. I was digging pennies and junk with a maybe good find here and there.. NOT REAL SMART ON MY PART !!!

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a Forum Administrator !

Posted by: Coin Rescue Inc
Date: November 23, 2017 10:13AM
INTERESTING STUFF

Thinking about this what are the obvious signs? Maybe the afflicted are the last to know?

Thinking about symptoms....

Denial that winter is here and the ground is freezing?
Dreams about finding that perfect honey hole
All your bookmarked internet sites are detector forums, old maps or manufactures web sites
Somehow all your vacations seem to include detecting opportunities
Your the only one in your family that really cares
There is always a detector in your trunk
Your blue genes have dirty or shreaded knees
Most of the time there is dirt under your finger nails
In social gatherings you are most likely to be whipping out your phone to show the latest photo of your best find.

If you have some of these symptoms you better seek help!

Posted by: Dang
Date: November 24, 2017 01:07PM
Im like a addict in jail.
I dont have the freedom to hunt as i please since my wife stopped working.
Work and Honey-Do's 24/7...

Posted by: jim tn
Date: November 25, 2017 04:39AM
No! Well, unless setting a hunting precedence is considered an addiction. You see, when I retired a decade + ago now, to stay in reasonable shape and get some good fresh air I began the daily routine (after a hour at the gym) of treasure hunting early mornings for 4 hours or so. And this has been my M-F routine ever since....with a few additional hours thrown in on weekends some weeks. My wife has her hobbies which I support and she in turn supports mine. We both share in all inside/outside household duties and, well, I AM ONE LUCKY DOG! HH jim tn

Posted by: Gannon
Date: November 25, 2017 07:55AM
Yup I’m hooked.i go every chance I get!

Fisher f70
AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Tesoro Silver umax
Garrett AT Max
18 silvers ytd
4 Rings

Date: November 25, 2017 07:16PM
I like that Jim....Win/Win for both of you. My wife and I are in the same scenario. Sometimes, we email each other and ask for a date!:inlove: because we get so wrapped up in other things. I could retire, but I truly like my job, so why quit?

Date: November 25, 2017 07:17PM
That honey - do list needs attention too!:cheekkiss:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login