Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
1916 Mercury dime!!!!
Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 26, 2017 04:06PM
I don’t think I have ever “clicked” with a detector like I have so far with the At Max! She is treating me very well! I was hunting today with the 8.5x11 coil, custom mode, iron disc at 15, 1 bar off of max sensitivity and threshold at -3. Got a faint repeatable 81-82-83, popped the plug and this fell out head side up! I thought to myself there’s no way it’s going to have a mint mark! I about died when I saw a mint! I’m pretty sure it’s a S though. I’m happy to have found it though. Also found a few wheats. One was close to 9 inches! It was a good day to be out with temps near 70!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2017 04:07PM by wyohunter99.

:thumbup:Re: 1916 Mercury dime!!!!
Posted by: jim tn
Date: November 26, 2017 04:59PM
:thumbup: Almost! HH jim tn

Re: 1916 Mercury dime!!!!
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: November 26, 2017 06:28PM
That's a cool find no doubt! I dug 4 mercs within minutes...one was a 1916....no D mint mark thought. I feel your pain...lol.

Nautilus 2b* Garrett At Max*T2+*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Date: November 26, 2017 06:38PM
Thanks guys. It’s my oldest silver I have found here in Wyoming. I’ve pulled numerous Barbers in Missouri. I would love to find a Barber here! My research has been paying off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2017 06:40PM by wyohunter99.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: November 27, 2017 05:32AM
Very nice and oh so close to a much sought after mint mark. You mention you received a faint repeatable signal ? That dime must have been at a decent depth. Glad you are enjoying your new relationship with the Max.

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: November 27, 2017 09:01AM
Thanks Jim, it was only at about 6”. Must have been on edge or something.

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: November 27, 2017 06:35PM
Must have been. At 6" that should of been more than just a faint signal. Anyway, congrats again on the great early merc!

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Posted by: fongu
Date: November 28, 2017 11:07AM
Excellent find.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login