Findmall.com

"AT MAX, AT PRO, AT GOLD Forum"

Welcome! Log In Register
How This Years Gold Rings Read On My Garrett AT's :nerd:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: November 28, 2017 10:38PM

Here's the gold rings I got this year with my Garretts. Most were dug with the AT Pro and AT MAX. Below is a photo with each ring indiviualized with some pertanant information

Lots of people ask?.......So where do gold rings read? The correct answer is just about anywhere. But, a lot of them can be found near +/- where pull-tabs and old beaver-tail pull- tabs read. I believe, the square (complete) square pull-tabs tend to read at about 53, unless they were buried 10+ years ago, then they tend to read higher. You really got to dig those signals in the 50's.

The mass, size, purity and what the gold is mixed with all effect the VDI readings.....

Re: How This Years Gold Rings Read On My Garrett AT's :nerd:
Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: November 28, 2017 11:07PM
Thanks for posting John!

Posted by: earthlypotluck
Date: November 29, 2017 02:06PM
That is the truth about gold rings. They can end up anywhere on the spectrum. I remember one hunt in particular I devoted mainly to digging 40's & 50's signals. I was destined to find gold.....
Unfortunately, I didn't find any gold but could of started up an aluminum recycling center :rofl:

I also like the underlying document that those rings are sitting on. Nice touch! :smile:

Fear is paralyzing and courage is liberating. No matter what is put in front of you, there is always a way to make it work.

Dreams are just dreams, goals are dreams with deadlines. The desire to succeed comes from within. Stay focused on your goals, and if people say that you can’t do something, get them out of your life and move on.

Date: November 29, 2017 05:04PM
Gold is such sought after find for metal detectorists in any form along with prospectors. It is the hardest to find, no matter what equipment you use. And it can even fool our metal detectors.

Date: November 29, 2017 05:05PM
Your welcome.:thumbup: I hope you get at least one more gold from looking at all those numbers.

Posted by: MikeLab
Date: December 01, 2017 11:48AM
Thanks John. I learned something, work the 50's more and the 60's less. My experience with practice target, the gold may not make a perfect sound, but it is powerful. Just has the extra "Yeah!" to it. Especially the 10k. Toss a ring in your yard and go find it.

Posted by: pghpete22
Date: December 04, 2017 01:21PM
John, thanks for the post. I read it with a sense of frustration, but happy to have received the important VDI data. Frustrated that I frequently pass over targets in the 55-58 range as they have ALWAYS been pull tabs of various types. Its just laziness on my part because there are so many pull tabs out there, wherever you search. Seeing the items you found in those VDI ranges has renewed my resolve to just bite the bullet and as so many people say - dig everything! One question though, those VDI numbers - did they jump around like a pull tabs does most of the time, or where they solid hits at those reported numbers? In the few instances where I was able to find gold, the VDI was a solid/repeatable 50. Now I've found gold filled rings higher up on the scale, but those rings and a small Madonna medal all hit solidly on 50. Thanks again for the informative post.

Posted by: Gannon
Date: December 13, 2017 05:59PM
Excellant post John I need keep digging those signals!:super:

AT pro pointer
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT Max
FTY-18 7 silvers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login