Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Fisher Gold Bug/Teknetics G2 Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
G2 or F19?
Posted by: LittleJohn
Date: April 11, 2019 08:06AM
Which is a better machine to use for small gold detecting? I have a G2 but haven't used it specifically for gold detecting yet. Do they run the same frequency? Thanks

LittleJohn

Etrac/F75

Re: G2 or F19?
Posted by: dfmike
Date: April 11, 2019 06:49PM
They run the same frequency and use the same coils. I'm not sure what you mean by small gold detecting but if you mean gold jewelry in general then either machine would work well. The F19 or G2+ have a few more features which could be useful to you or not.

Please see post below by EI for more details on the extra options the F19 and G2+ have.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 06:51PM by dfmike.

Posted by: LittleJohn
Date: April 12, 2019 07:28PM
Actually my definition is small gold pickers or nuggets...prospecting for placer or alluvial gold.

Etrac/F75

Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 13, 2019 09:42AM
They are the same machine in different mechanical platforms - performance is identical.

Rick Kempf

Date: April 14, 2019 02:55PM
For finding gold nuggets/ gold in its raw form exclusively, I would personally pick a higher frequency machine specifically tailored for finding gold nuggets of all sizes at depth.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: June 14, 2019 02:34PM
Their parent detector is the Gold Bug Pro prospecting model that was later updated with some extra features to make them more useful for the coin/relic/jewelry hunter. So don't think they aren't capable small nugget gold units, cause they are. Your G2 will hunt small gold as good as any Gold Bug Pro.

HH
Mike

Currently own and use:
***** Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Minelab E-Trac *****Teknetics ETPro ***** Makro Gold Kruzer *****Tesoro Golden Sabre II ***** Tesoro Compadre ***** Garrett ATPRO *****

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2019 02:37PM by Mike Hillis.

Posted by: jmaclen
Date: June 19, 2019 06:34PM
Hi LittleJohn

For gold prospecting picker sized gold and larger, either the F19, Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, G2 or G2+ would do just fine if you have the 10x5 elliptical coil and the 5" round coil.

As far as I know, All Metal mode on these detectors is basically the same. In Discrimination mode, the F19 and the Teknetics G2+ have some added features like FeTone volume control,
an advanced V-break feature and a movable 1 to 10 segment notch setting. They also have a nice backlight. For the relic, coin and jewelry hunter those are great to have. For the prospector in All Metal,
they are not available as a menu option. You could definitely switch from All Metal to Discrimination mode to check audio response on targets in the gold field although that is switching back and forth is fairly cumbersome.

Jeff

Posted by: Daniel,SR
Date: June 24, 2019 03:13AM
I have an F-19 and a lot of coils. I was the best Detech SEF 12x10. Just for information

Date: June 24, 2019 06:39PM
jmaclen
Hi LittleJohn

For gold prospecting picker sized gold and larger, either the F19, Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, G2 or G2+ would do just fine if you have the 10x5 elliptical coil and the 5" round coil.

As far as I know, All Metal mode on these detectors is basically the same. In Discrimination mode, the F19 and the Teknetics G2+ have some added features like FeTone volume control,
an advanced V-break feature and a movable 1 to 10 segment notch setting. They also have a nice backlight. For the relic, coin and jewelry hunter those are great to have. For the prospector in All Metal,
they are not available as a menu option. You could definitely switch from All Metal to Discrimination mode to check audio response on targets in the gold field although that is switching back and forth is fairly cumbersome.

Jeff

The notch width or notch window as Fisher calls it in the manual is 20 or more specifically a maximum of 20 but any width value is possible.