Findmall.com

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I'm really liking my GPX
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: March 26, 2018 10:01AM
I found these the last few times out with my GPX. Really powerful detector. I'm getting the hang of it. I've been adding coils to use. All DD's. I used a 15" spiral ultimate coil yesterday. I really had to back the gain down to smooth it out. It found bullets deep even at a gain of 6. As deep as anything I've ever used. HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Re: I'm really liking my GPX
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: March 26, 2018 02:35PM
Please don't excite me any more----I will have to make 250 mile round trip--------luv those minnies!!!!

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: March 26, 2018 06:02PM
How does it compare to the tdi depth wise?
Nice haul you got yesterday. Congrats

Posted by: Mega
Date: March 26, 2018 10:27PM
Some very good feedback on this machine,have finally decided that i am also adding one as well,its taken a fair amount of time doing all my homework,but withing the next month to 6 weeks i will also have one,wont part with my TDI Pro,just adding the GPX,also will be able too use some of my existing coils that i have anyway.

Date: March 26, 2018 11:10PM
stephenscool
How does it compare to the tdi depth wise?
Nice haul you got yesterday. Congrats
Thanks buddy. Its deeper than the TDI & it discriminates down to about 8"-10".

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Date: March 26, 2018 11:13PM
Mega
Some very good feedback on this machine,have finally decided that i am also adding one as well,its taken a fair amount of time doing all my homework,but withing the next month to 6 weeks i will also have one,wont part with my TDI Pro,just adding the GPX,also will be able too use some of my existing coils that i have anyway.
I sold my TDI when I found how good this machine is. Deep & discriminates iron. It's heavy though. I liked the TDI because it's kind of light.

Date: March 26, 2018 11:14PM
doc holiday232
Please don't excite me any more----I will have to make 250 mile round trip--------luv those minnies!!!!
Thanks buddy lol.

Posted by: Old California
Date: March 31, 2018 02:03AM
Terrific finds, GPX loves lead even the tinest piece's of 22 will surface.

You'll eventually find the GPX will be your main relic detector, top end VLF are toys then hunting tough soil even soil with low mineralization effect's VLF.

I was like you, trying different DD coils but as heavy as the GPX is had to stay with the stock 11" DD. If I can find something in between an 11" DD and 15" Spiral that is lightweight, I'll get one.

You're on a roll, keep up the good work.

Congratulations!
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Date: March 31, 2018 11:44AM
Old California
Terrific finds, GPX loves lead even the tinest piece's of 22 will surface.

You'll eventually find the GPX will be your main relic detector, top end VLF are toys then hunting tough soil even soil with low mineralization effect's VLF.

I was like you, trying different DD coils but as heavy as the GPX is had to stay with the stock 11" DD. If I can find something in between an 11" DD and 15" Spiral that is lightweight, I'll get one.

You're on a roll, keep up the good work.

Congratulations!
Paul
You're right about the weight. I've been using the factory 11" DD coil & it's doing well. Thanks

Posted by: soky72
Date: March 31, 2018 09:24PM
I had an F75 ltd and I went to this worn out battlefield 3 times in a row and only found a round ball. I got the 4500 GPX and found 11 twice in a row. I've not used a VLF detector since. Today was kind of like that when I switched to the 15" Detech Ultimate coil and went over a small area I'd hunted with the 11" coil and in 30 minutes I killed it! It weighs a TON so I used a swingy thingy and a harness and it helped tremendously.

Posted by: cookie58
Date: April 01, 2018 01:37PM
Hello Soky. What kind of battery set-up do you use. I have one of those coils ordered and I am worried about the weight. I still use the stock battery with the Minelab harness and 11" coil. Not that bad now. With the 15" spiral will it be a lot heavier? Thanks......

Date: April 01, 2018 09:00PM
cookie58
Hello Soky. What kind of battery set-up do you use. I have one of those coils ordered and I am worried about the weight. I still use the stock battery with the Minelab harness and 11" coil. Not that bad now. With the 15" spiral will it be a lot heavier? Thanks......
It's a lot heavier. I've only used my 15" coil once. I got a hipstick. I haven't used it yet.

Date: April 01, 2018 09:00PM
soky72
I had an F75 ltd and I went to this worn out battlefield 3 times in a row and only found a round ball. I got the 4500 GPX and found 11 twice in a row. I've not used a VLF detector since. Today was kind of like that when I switched to the 15" Detech Ultimate coil and went over a small area I'd hunted with the 11" coil and in 30 minutes I killed it! It weighs a TON so I used a swingy thingy and a harness and it helped tremendously.
Cool.

Posted by: soky72
Date: April 01, 2018 10:02PM
I run a stock battery on the side of the GPX, can't stand to be tethered. The setup with the 15" coil weighs a ton. I got a H-harness, military or tactical style you can get pretty cheap online and I have a swingy-thingy attached to the detector. It really works well for me. I'm actually going to do a custom battery setup along with a carbon fiber upper shaft to save a little weight. I'm loving the finds with the 15" but still may try the 12x15.

Date: April 02, 2018 06:07AM
soky72
I run a stock battery on the side of the GPX, can't stand to be tethered. The setup with the 15" coil weighs a ton. I got a H-harness, military or tactical style you can get pretty cheap online and I have a swingy-thingy attached to the detector. It really works well for me. I'm actually going to do a custom battery setup along with a carbon fiber upper shaft to save a little weight. I'm loving the finds with the 15" but still may try the 12x15.
I have the 15"/12" SEF coil. It gets caught on stuff easy. It has about the same depth as the 11"DD coil but has more coverage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login