Findmall.com

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coilteck AI coil response
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: April 02, 2018 08:49AM
I tried my 14" AI coil yesterday. I had trouble with it. Everything sounded the same. All targets had a double response. Is that normal? Any help is appreciated.

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Re: Coilteck AI coil response
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 02, 2018 11:49AM
NO!!! It should run like your other coils except for the fact it pinpoints in the centre of the left side of the coil. If all tones are the same, check the Signal Peak setting as it may be too low, Factory Preset is 16. If the Signal Peak setting is ok, you have a duff coil. Not sure what you mean by Double Response. Most signals are two toned except the very deep ones, that is a high/low or low/high tone. A deep is more mono. Targets near the surface can give two responses.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 11:53AM by filternozzle.

Date: April 02, 2018 05:06PM
It allmost was like four signals on one target that I went over. Very confusing to say the least.

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 05:09PM by Digger70pa.

Date: April 02, 2018 05:13PM
I hope I didn't get a bad coil. It didn't respond like the factory DD.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 03, 2018 02:37AM
Digger70pa
It allmost was like four signals on one target that I went over. Very confusing to say the least.

Was the target ferrous or non-ferrous. As you probably know a length of elongated iron can give two or three signals.

Also check you switches, make sure the Coil/Rx switch is at DD, it is easily knocked to Mono or Cancel in transportation.

If you know someone else with a GPX ask them to try the coil, if they get the same results it is a faulty coil.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Date: April 03, 2018 05:41AM
filternozzle

Was the target ferrous or non-ferrous. As you probably know a length of elongated iron can give two or three signals.

Also check you switches, make sure the Coil/Rx switch is at DD, it is easily knocked to Mono or Cancel in transportation.

If you know someone else with a GPX ask them to try the coil, if they get the same results it is a faulty coil.
Ok thanks I'll try those suggestions. I did make sure the machine was set to normal timing general search DD coil & tracking off.

Date: April 15, 2018 08:13AM
I tried to use it yesterday. It's very different from any other coil I use. The responses are hard to comprehend.

Yes thats normal, but try ....
Posted by: Va Dave
Date: April 24, 2018 05:19PM
When you get that multi signal, use just the left side of your coil over the target, and as usual circle around your target for discrimination. Pinpointing with this coil is my biggest challenge, but its been very productive around power lines.

Re: Yes thats normal, but try ....
Date: April 25, 2018 02:13PM
Va Dave
When you get that multi signal, use just the left side of your coil over the target, and as usual circle around your target for discrimination. Pinpointing with this coil is my biggest challenge, but its been very productive around power lines.
Ok buddy. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try next time I'm around heavy emi.

Re: Yes thats normal, but try ....
Date: May 02, 2018 03:53PM
Va Dave
Yes I'm having problems pinpointing with it also. Thanks for the info

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login