Findmall.com

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
18" Minelab Commander dd
Posted by: cookie58
Date: April 06, 2018 02:50PM
What are some thoughts on the Minelab commander 18" dd? Discrimination and weight? Thanks......

Re: 18" Minelab Commander dd
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 06, 2018 03:58PM
Being an 18" DD coil discrimination is very good and discriminates deeper than the smaller DD coils. It is heavy but not too heavy, however, you are best advised to use the full kit with the Minelab Pro-Swing 45. With this kit it doesn't matter what the weight of the coil is because all weight is transferred to the waist rather than the arm and shoulder. I have the 18"DD Commander coil have used it many times when I needed that extra depth in pasture that is not too contaminated with iron and it does the business.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Date: April 06, 2018 06:19PM
Thanks FilterN. I really appreciate the answer. I am looking forward to using it. I have a detech 15" ultimate spiral. I use the pro swing harness also. How does it compare to the detech?

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: April 07, 2018 01:00PM
cookie58
Thanks FilterN. I really appreciate the answer. I am looking forward to using it. I have a detech 15" ultimate spiral. I use the pro swing harness also. How does it compare to the detech?

The 18" Commander DD discriminates better and deeper. It also finds larger targets deeper

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Date: April 07, 2018 03:43PM
Thanks again........All help is very much appreciated.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login