Findmall.com

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Minelab GP Extreme use at So CA beaches?
Posted by: bklein
Date: July 21, 2018 08:12PM
I have a GP Extreme with a ton of coils I listed here for sale, but now I'm wondering if I should rethink it.
I have a CTX, EQ800, and Surfmaster Pi Pro etc. and wonder if I should keep it for black sanded beaches like Corona del Mar gets sometimes.
Air test on a gold ring is like 14" maximum at a local park with the 11" mono coil.
I see a particular youtuber using a TDI and is doing well at the beach with it. The CTX normally does fine but probably suffers in the black sand. The EQ just seems to find most things under 8" and is not as enjoyable for me to use. A PI of course doesn't discriminate like the CTX or 800 but right now not many targets at the beach anyway. Anyone here have some history with it? Worth keeping around for black sand, sanded in conditions?

Re: Minelab GP Extreme use at So CA beaches?
Posted by: filternozzle
Date: July 22, 2018 01:45AM
Personally I think you should keep it. You know the machine well, have a good range of coils and know when it would be better to use it over your other detectors.

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Date: July 22, 2018 04:31PM
Thank, thats what I’ve decided. It is an amazing detector at the beach. I brought a 9 gram gold ring to test in wet sand: CTX and Surf pi pro about 5” depth - but the GP... 13-14 inches!

Works fine in wet sand and salt water. Now I have to think about making it more water/salt resistant. I used an 11” mono Commander coil.
I found a ton of tent stakes, bobbypins, some change, and a big earring. Just no targets. And hey, I didn’t spend the day digging foil bits with the EQ800!
Now that Whites has a waterproof TDI I wonder if its coil works on the GP...

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: July 22, 2018 07:12PM
bklein
Thank, thats what I’ve decided. It is an amazing detector at the beach. I brought a 9 gram gold ring to test in wet sand: CTX and Surf pi pro about 5” depth - but the GP... 13-14 inches!

Works fine in wet sand and salt water. Now I have to think about making it more water/salt resistant. I used an 11” mono Commander coil.
I found a ton of tent stakes, bobbypins, some change, and a big earring. Just no targets. And hey, I didn’t spend the day digging foil bits with the EQ800!
Now that Whites has a waterproof TDI I wonder if its coil works on the GP...
Did Whites come out with a new machine?

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 22, 2018 07:19PM
Yes they did,but they aren't tellin'.

Posted by: filternozzle
Date: July 23, 2018 06:52AM
doc holiday232
Yes they did,but they aren't tellin'.

That's an interesting way to make sales...….

Happy Hunting
Minelab: GPX-5000, GPX-4500. Whites Pulse Scan TDI. Nexus: MP, Standard Mk II & Ultima. Nautilus: Silver King, DMC, DMC II, DMC-IIB & DMC IIBa.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: July 23, 2018 10:26AM
Maybe the "media guy" can explain it??

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: July 23, 2018 03:27PM
I looked on the whites website. They made no mention of a waterproof TDI.

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Posted by: Tony
Date: July 24, 2018 04:02AM
The info is still there and easy to find.

1. Do a search on "TDI BEACH HUNTER"
2. Scroll down to to the results and look for the "White's Electronics" link but click on the small downward triangle on the second line directly below the main top link.
3. Click on "CACHED"

Tony.

PS....Sorry this is off topic from the main thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2018 04:02AM by Tony.

Date: August 03, 2018 09:23AM
Must correct what I wrote about depth. CTX was more like 10” on the ring.
Any update on the TDI? Was it a weird hack or real?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login