Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
great great grandfather was a civil war vet!
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 28, 2017 09:30PM
great great grandfather was a vet...I was invited to hunt my wifes stepfathers great great great grandfathers home stead...video: https://youtu.be/RAPF5gCmqxA

Re: great great grandfather was a civil war vet!
Posted by: HanoverDigger
Date: December 29, 2017 05:38AM
Me too! My GG grandfather was in the 30th Va. Inf. Co. E. He survived the war and is buried at Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond Va.

Nautilus 2b* Garrett At Max*T2+*Lesche Piranah* Garrett propointer* The "bomb" sheath w/Lesche digger* Deteknix W6 pro headphones* Oldest coin 1776 2 Reale

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: December 29, 2017 09:10AM
Nice finds. My great great grandfather was in the civil war also. He was in the 17th Pa vol cavalry co F.

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Posted by: treasure_hunter
Date: December 29, 2017 09:51AM
My great, great grandfather was also a Civil war vet, he fought for the Confederates with the 1st Florida Infantry Regiment, later due to the casualties suffered the 1st Regiment was rolled into the 3rd Florida Regiment. He was captured and spent almost 2 years in POW camp.

Posted by: moreb
Date: December 29, 2017 11:02AM
VERY COOL!!

Date: December 29, 2017 02:52PM
wow thanks for the stories.

Posted by: Grunter
Date: January 02, 2018 04:54PM
My G,grandfather was a CSA veteran, 45th Va. Infantry was 9 yrs old when he enlisted with his father.

Date: January 03, 2018 06:35AM
wow that's crazy.....

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: January 05, 2018 02:19PM
Calabash, Congrats to you on the finds of the Eagle I button and the N.C. Sunburnt button. Very nice buttons for your collection. I also salute your Grandfather and all the others here that fought for the Confederacy. Here's another, Pvt. William Ellerson Jenkins, my Great Great Grandfather who fought with the 44TH Georgia Volunteer Infantry Co. D, Army of Northern Virginia, Dole/Cook Brigade. Rebel Yell for all Confetrit vets who served. I meant to add also, the Union vets also. They were Americans all. Just different dreams.

Posted by: KingMidas
Date: February 04, 2018 07:55PM
Calabash, you sure know how to find the spots, even prospectingvwithin the family. Thats great!

Posted by: VaRachel
Date: February 05, 2018 09:44PM
I had l think 45 grandfathers and uncles serve in the confederate army in Virginia. As well as 3 Yankees from WVa and Ohio.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login