Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Is it a personal cross?
Posted by: Wrightdigger
Date: March 17, 2018 05:48AM
My friend found this melted bullet with a cross etched into it. He's thinking the CW soldier may have done this so he could be carrying a cross in his pocket. He believes this because it was found on a road with other CW finds. It was not a camp. Some have suggested it was a game piece. He believes that if that were the case he would have found more pieces there. He did not.

Does any one know the history of the daily life of a CW soldier? Or a reference to where we can find out more about this?

Thanks for any help.

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

John 15:12-15 NIV

Can you dig it?

Re: Is it a personal cross?
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: March 17, 2018 10:26AM
Google "Daily life of a Civil War soldier".

Haven't found anything yet...
Posted by: Wrightdigger
Date: March 17, 2018 06:15PM
But boy am I learning! Thanks for the advice, docholiday 232. I came across some personal letters that are especially moving!

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

John 15:12-15 NIV

Can you dig it?

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: March 19, 2018 06:53AM
wow!

Posted by: timwied
Date: March 20, 2018 06:40AM
I have no idea, but when calabash digger says WOW! It's got to be good!!!

Fisher F4, Garrett Pro Pinpointer Pro AT,Started Detecting December 31, 2013, Oldest 2014 - 1861 Seated Liberty Dime. 2015: 1863 & 1864 Indian Head Cents, 1 foot apart. 2016: 1700's Chinese Cash Coin & Fatty, no date, 1860-1864 Indian Head Cent, Two 52 caliber ringtail sharps Confederate Bullets, and 4 pistol balls in the same hole. Two Union Bullets, one is 58 caliber Williams Cleaner. 2017: 1863 Indian Head Cent, U.S. Civil War Waist Plate (Buckle), Sterling U.S. Collar Pin.

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: March 22, 2018 03:19PM
LOL.

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login