Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Today was epic
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: April 29, 2018 09:37PM
I got into a patch of bullets to no end. Gettysburg retreat.

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Re: Today was epic
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: April 30, 2018 09:02AM
I can only imagine how much fun that would be Digger :clapping: Congratulations on a fine day of digging.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: April 30, 2018 09:47AM
That's a lotta CW lead Digger. Well Done on the finds and saves of some CW History. The GPX has been good to you.

Date: April 30, 2018 12:28PM
Thanks guys. It was very fun & the GPX is a beast in bad ground. HH Tim

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: April 30, 2018 05:13PM
Holy smokes,hope you got re-enforced pockets and sturdy suspenders lol.. nice job digger...

Date: May 01, 2018 07:36AM
bootyhoundpa
Holy smokes,hope you got re-enforced pockets and sturdy suspenders lol.. nice job digger...
Lol. I unloaded half way through the hunt. Thanks. HH

Posted by: autopilot42
Date: May 01, 2018 02:55PM
I am also on to a patch of lead. How much more depth do you get with gpx. My goldbug with the 11dd coil is struggling. I run in am and when I get a signal I switch to disc to verify. Beautiful finds. CONGRATS.

Take care
Bob

Date: May 01, 2018 09:58PM
autopilot42
I am also on to a patch of lead. How much more depth do you get with gpx. My goldbug with the 11dd coil is struggling. I run in am and when I get a signal I switch to disc to verify. Beautiful finds. CONGRATS.

Take care
Bob
I dig 14" deep minie balls with it. No exaggerating either. I left my buddy use my F19 with the 15" nel Attack coil the last hunt. I had him go over some not so deep bullets for the GPX & he couldn't hear them. I'm saying the GPX has 6" of more depth. A 6" bullet blows the headphones off your head. Thanks & HH

Date: May 02, 2018 07:00PM
Larry (IL)
I can only imagine how much fun that would be Digger :clapping: Congratulations on a fine day of digging.
No bells and whistles with a GPX. Just raw power. I'm old. Digging 14" bullets is great.lovevall you guys. HH

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: May 03, 2018 08:27AM
Great finds and report !!!

Date: May 09, 2018 05:13PM
I'm really thinking plates should be in there. But I've had this before. A ton of bullets and no brass at all.

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: May 15, 2018 09:24AM
On fire.

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Date: October 01, 2018 03:42PM
Cajuncoinhunter
On fire.
Been laid up buddy. Still wanting to go back to this spot. Maybe at the beginning of next year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login