Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
3 ringer drops
Posted by: autopilot42
Date: May 01, 2018 07:20PM
Here is my take from 3 different digs from the same spot. My goldbug with 11dd coil has hit its limit in my ground. It seems I have maxed out at depth 7 inches is the max it will go. I scan the area in all metal then go to disc to verify. Most of the bullets were found in the 5 to 6 inch range. Soil is good for the first 5 inches then changes to the red clay, since I am in the woods and not hunting in a field that probably helps. I wish i could get more depth maybe a pi would be better.

Take care,
Bob

Re: 3 ringer drops
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: May 01, 2018 10:04PM
Beautiful type one cleaner bullets. I use a GPX. It makes all of my other machines seem like toys. I'm serious. HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley F19 T2se G2 CZ-3D XLT Pro pointer

Date: May 02, 2018 09:39AM
I think I will look into one
Thanks
Bob

Date: May 02, 2018 07:10PM
Try a ultimate coil on that machine. It'll open it up for depth.

Date: May 03, 2018 07:05PM
I went out tonight and got some more good signals in All Metal with the GB with the 11dd coil. I only swung it in all metal and found some more good signals. After I swept away down to the dirt I started getting 74 in disc mode that is probably another 3 ringer. I noticed that the dirt bars are increasing after getting the overburden off of the target. I read your posts and you seem to get 5 to 6 inches more over the VLF. I know every ones dirt is different but do you think 10 inches is typically the limit for the G2/Goldbug Platform from your experience. I marked the targets am going to wait till my son gets back from school, he always liked digging targets. I will look into the ultimate 13 does it give you another inch or so. I appreciate your time and all of your wonderful finds. If I find more I will post some more pics.

Thx
Bob

Date: May 03, 2018 09:12PM
autopilot42
I went out tonight and got some more good signals in All Metal with the GB with the 11dd coil. I only swung it in all metal and found some more good signals. After I swept away down to the dirt I started getting 74 in disc mode that is probably another 3 ringer. I noticed that the dirt bars are increasing after getting the overburden off of the target. I read your posts and you seem to get 5 to 6 inches more over the VLF. I know every ones dirt is different but do you think 10 inches is typically the limit for the G2/Goldbug Platform from your experience. I marked the targets am going to wait till my son gets back from school, he always liked digging targets. I will look into the ultimate 13 does it give you another inch or so. I appreciate your time and all of your wonderful finds. If I find more I will post some more pics.

Thx
Bob
The 13" coil will give you more depth. I use a 15" nel attack coil on my G2-F19. In bad ground you'll dig 7"-8" bullets. In good ground maybe a little deeper. Miineralized ground really limits your detection depth with vlf machines. I've used the same machine you use for a few years now. It's a great relic machine. I know it doesn't matter what machine you use if there's no relics in the ground you won't find them. The 13" coil is a good one for your machine. It's light & pretty deep. HH

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: May 15, 2018 09:25AM
Discarded william's cleaners. Soldiers didnt like them.

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login