Findmall.com

Civil War Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
It was raining & raining three ringers
Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: May 07, 2018 06:13AM
We got rained out Sunday morning. We went back out in the afternoon & did pretty well. These are from Lee's retreat from Gettysburg. HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Re: It was raining & raining three ringers
Date: May 07, 2018 04:55PM
It's a good spot guys. I've been hunting it for years. I've walked over these & never hit a target. I just stumbled on to them & slowed down.

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: May 07, 2018 05:37PM
That's about a cartridge box full. Well Done on a lotta CW lead.

Posted by: TerryEastTexas
Date: May 08, 2018 04:30AM
Congrats on some excellent finds.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: May 10, 2018 07:08AM
I wish that Gen. Lee would have listened more to Gen. Longstreet and what he wished to do at Gettysburg, if he had there very well may not have been a retreat back into Virginia.

Date: May 11, 2018 03:58PM
Confetrit
I wish that Gen. Lee would have listened more to Gen. Longstreet and what he wished to do at Gettysburg, if he had there very well may not have been a retreat back into Virginia.
Lee had so many disadvantages at Gettysburg that he enjoyed at other battles. Like a shorter interior line. More men at the battle. Home field advantage. He had none of this at Gettysburg. His lines were longer he didn't have as many men & he really didn't know the ground. And the Yankees didn't run. The battle was lost on the first day. He should have over ran cemetery hill. He gave no direct order to Ewell to take it. Jackson would've taken it. I live just down the road in Carlisle PA. I go over to the battlefield often when it's not digging weather. Like I said the battle was lost on the first day due to the lack of knowledge of the ground & timid commanders. Another thing is fresh union corps we're pouring into Gettysburg on the first day. The fist & eleventh were crushed. The second third & fith corps we're at the battlefield that evening. That's why Mead stood his ground. I agree about pulling back & picking a better spot to fight because you can see what the outcome was. HH

Date: May 11, 2018 04:04PM
And Mead had the sixth corps in reserve. He didn't use them. The biggest corps in the Army of the potamac. 13000 men.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 04:25PM by Digger70pa.

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: May 15, 2018 09:23AM
Holy ....... Wow.

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Date: June 12, 2018 04:37PM
Cajuncoinhunter
Holy ....... Wow.
It's not worked out yet old buddy. Time is all I need. Ive working 7 days a week.

Posted by: Cajuncoinhunter
Date: June 14, 2018 07:39AM
I look for you to find a really amazing find there .... its coming. How's the GPX working out ? CCH

Southern Louisiana Metal Detecting
Findmall Civil War Forum - Moderator
Whites, Fisher & Minelab Metal Detectors

Date: June 14, 2018 03:37PM
Cajuncoinhunter
I look for you to find a really amazing find there .... its coming. How's the GPX working out ? CCH
I hope something really cool comes out. The GPX is amazing buddy. Deepest detecor I've ever used to date and it discriminates iron. I still dig some deep nails & fence staples though but for the most part no ferrous targets. Brass is tricky. Only because of .22" bullets. On the last hunt I dug every low conductive target & found a j hook & button. I've got it set up to dig lead. I'm sure if I played with the timings I could zero in on brass. I'm going to get a small 8" DD coil to coin hunt. I think it'll tear it up in old parks. Thanks for asking buddy. HH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login