Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Need help with the deus: Andy S program vs No disc deep
Posted by: CT Todd
Date: December 20, 2017 07:05AM
My program is 5 tones but you are only hearing 3 tones. You have an Iron tone a Middle tone and a High tone. As someone mentioned this is set up with IDnorm OFF. With a Deus your tone of targets is set by the TID number assigned to that target by the machine. So it is key to have separation of TIDs so that your targets don't all hit from 80-95. And I know I'll catch some flak here but I don't feel Full Tones is any advantage at all to the Detectorist. I'll explain. Lets agree that the Deus is going to start by seeing a target under the coil. Now once this target been seen by the unit it will assign a TID to the target. Now depending on how you have your tone breaks set or if you are in full tones you will then get a sound to your ears that is based on the TID that was set for that target. By giving a very positive sound for any target over a TID number point that you decide (Say 33 in the USA) you then know for sure that something is there That You Care About for Sure. The Deus is going to make a sound for the detected target Right? so why not make it one that you will hear every time for sure. Detecting along listening for a lifted tone is no help for you. You simply can't hear the difference between all the tones from 0-99 and know for sure what your digging. So why try. Quiet your machine down and deal with what you can hear and learn those tones. If you walk around for the most part in one Frequency then you learn the TIDS anyway for common targets. I really only leave 8 khz for an occasional iron check and the iron check doesn't work with ID norm "ON". I do change things for the UK when I go there but that's about it. Give yourselves a break guys settle into one program and learn it a-z. Stop with the constant moves from program to program. You will be happier and more successful Detectorists.

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Well said . . .
Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: December 20, 2017 07:25AM
Todd,

We have discussed the repeated questions on FULL TONES and 0 DISC many times . . . . and discussed it with the group when we have done the Bootcamps . . . . yet the question keeps coming up.

Use what works for the type of hunting you do - copying someone else's settings without understanding why they were set they way they were is a recipe for frustration. YouTube videos are great to see finds but often the settings are not what will work in another part of the country or for another type of hunting. Todd's settings are killer for relics but in a high-trash, urban park, not the choice that will produce the best results. That is why we spend as much time as we do in the Bootcamps stressing what each function does so that people know what to change when conditions change.

Get your machine dialed in and stick with the settings . . make a few tweaks if needed based on the site but trying new settings every week ensures you stay at the bottom of the learning curve since each change is like a new detector.

Andy

Andy & Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
http://www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

Findmall Sponsor

Carrying XP, Minelab, Garrett, Fisher, Teknetics, DetectorPro, Whites, Nokta and Makro detectors as well as detecting / prospecting accessories

"Service and support before and more importantly, after the sale"

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 20, 2017 08:28AM
I started with full tones and zero disc and learned it inside and out and have killed it with it BUT....I have talked to CT TODD on the phone and forums about how to run the deus for relics.. I disagreed with him about full tones but then I started experimenting with some disc and cutting iron vol down (quieting the machine down in iron) and started seeing the benefits he speaks of.. I still use full tones to locate sites but when it comes to hunting thick iron I have changed my style. I am now using the pitch tone setup and will show a video of how I'm hunting it soon.. Full tones has a weakness and Todd is correct imo about what he says about the tones and not being able to them apart when they are so close together tonal wise.. The full tones will be pulled way down by iron on some non ferrous targets to where they almost sound like iron and that's the weakness of full tones. I can call targets with full tones because I know it so well and still use it with no disc to locate sites and general hunting but my thick iron programs have changed. I love full tones but wish it had a iron vol!
CT Todd
My program is 5 tones but you are only hearing 3 tones. You have an Iron tone a Middle tone and a High tone. As someone mentioned this is set up with IDnorm OFF. With a Deus your tone of targets is set by the TID number assigned to that target by the machine. So it is key to have separation of TIDs so that your targets don't all hit from 80-95. And I know I'll catch some flak here but I don't feel Full Tones is any advantage at all to the Detectorist. I'll explain. Lets agree that the Deus is going to start by seeing a target under the coil. Now once this target been seen by the unit it will assign a TID to the target. Now depending on how you have your tone breaks set or if you are in full tones you will then get a sound to your ears that is based on the TID that was set for that target. By giving a very positive sound for any target over a TID number point that you decide (Say 33 in the USA) you then know for sure that something is there That You Care About for Sure. The Deus is going to make a sound for the detected target Right? so why not make it one that you will hear every time for sure. Detecting along listening for a lifted tone is no help for you. You simply can't hear the difference between all the tones from 0-99 and know for sure what your digging. So why try. Quiet your machine down and deal with what you can hear and learn those tones. If you walk around for the most part in one Frequency then you learn the TIDS anyway for common targets. I really only leave 8 khz for an occasional iron check and the iron check doesn't work with ID norm "ON". I do change things for the UK when I go there but that's about it. Give yourselves a break guys settle into one program and learn it a-z. Stop with the constant moves from program to program. You will be happier and more successful Detectorists.

Thanks Andy and Calabash
Posted by: CT Todd
Date: December 20, 2017 03:07PM
Your right about my program in urban settings. I'm sure you can do better when there's lots of trash around. Other than Iron trash I don't have to deal with normal trash for the most part. I've never hunted a park. My program is killer in the woods and fields of the North East. I only have one trip to VA ever and my program did very well there too but it wasn't a red dirt area of course. My last thought on this is that if a new detectorist would read Andy's book and then make the adjustments that will be needed in HIS AREA they will do fine. If your not a guy that wants to know the machine inside and out (and that's OK)
Then I suggest Andy's book anyway and grab a program or two from sites like this put them in and see what works in your AREA. Lastly if a Bootcamp gets anywhere near you that's money well spent. HH Guys

Dig Colonial or go Home! www.cttodd.com

Started in 97, Fav Coin 1774 2 Reales, Oldest Coin 1st Century Roman Silver

When I go detecting I always do so with permission of the land owner.

Posted by: smkunder
Date: December 24, 2017 08:20AM
Calabash , which video are you linking too that describes your new relic settings?

Steve

CTX 3030 , XP Deus Ml-6 Pinpointer, Minelab Excal

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: December 24, 2017 09:36AM
Sent you a pm..
smkunder
Calabash , which video are you linking too that describes your new relic settings?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login