Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
high frequency coil loosing connection
Posted by: oldfosil
Date: May 15, 2018 03:55PM
hi any help would be helpful, been using v4.1 with no problems for the last 2 to 3 months with pinpointer etc. the last couple of outings the hf coil goes dead and then reconnects,
it does it with the wc4s and the rc unit .
all other coils are ok and the pinpointer works fine in any combination of coils (9 lf and 13 lf ),
today i took it through its paces and found that the hf coil was the faulty part of the setup, it seems to work ok for about 15 mins and then all hell brakes loose .ie no coil then reconnects
full bars on coil then dead again then reconnects again then the hole cycle repeats,except on a couple of occasions the coil shows low battery.
does anyone know if there is a battery problem on hf coils , i would appreciate any help.

Re: high frequency coil loosing connection
Posted by: martygene
Date: May 17, 2018 01:47PM
i had the same problem with the 9" LF coil and had to send it in for repairs. Didn't take long. Hope this helps but I'd call Detector Electronics.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:53PM
thanks for the reply, i did contact the supplier and they were very friendly and helpful and ask me to send the coil in for repairs.
i found that the battery would work for hours and no fault symptoms if coil was left stationary,but taping the stem would send it in to meltdown
and taping the battery end of the stem it would turn on and off,so there the problem lies .
i did remove and re-seated the battery but no different, will send off tomorrow,and i will miss my coil what a brilliant bit of kit well worth the money and the service is excellent

Posted by: HuntinDog
Date: May 18, 2018 04:34PM
Sounds like you have a battery connection problem..
Did you check to make sure the two little pins are straight and aligned?

No. Cal. Gold Country
XP DEUS / 9"-11"-11X13" coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
6000 Di Pro SL
MXT Pro / 300, 10D2, 950, 6X9 Eclipse, 4X6 Shooter
DX-1 and Sun Ray Pro Golds

Keep your head down, your swing smooth and Coil to the soil

Date: May 24, 2018 03:19PM
sent the coil to leisure promotions,they received it on Tuesday and it was returned Thursday with new battery , now that's what i call a service brilliant thanks xp.
was the coil worth the money ? brilliant coil great machine superb service .You bet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login