Findmall.com

XP Deus Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pitch Program works like a charm
Posted by: martygene
Date: May 19, 2018 12:14PM
Got out yesterday to 3 farmer fields that aren't seeded yet. I used the pitch program with the 11" LF coil. It is amazing. So stable and quiet. One field was barren but the other 2 were great. 1865 IH, 1905 IH, I think a 1854 Large Cent, 3 pickers tokens from J. Wutz that are thin brass quarter size, a lead bag seal and 2 flat buttons. I'm getting to really like this pitch program. I used my usual settings but instead of full tones i used the pitch. the only thing that i experimented with was discrimination. Seems like lowering it from 10 to around 2 worked better. if Calabash chimes in let me know where you run your disc.

Re: Pitch Program works like a charm
Posted by: Gary-B
Date: May 19, 2018 02:21PM
Great finds thanks for sharing, I totally agree the pitch program is a great option. I'm using it at the moment with the HF round coil on 28khz.

XP Metal Detectors - Watch the XP Skill School video's and catch up on the latest information at the XP Classroom: http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk/

Posted by: calabash digger
Date: May 19, 2018 09:00PM
I run the pitch tone as high as it will go. 600 or something like that. I run the disc at 10 on the HF coil and really like it there. I might try lowering it some and see what happens. I run my iron vol on 1.
I love the pitch and use it on all my iron sites. BTW 28 kh and 54 smoke in the iron......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2018 09:01PM by calabash digger.

Posted by: E-Trac-Ohio
Date: May 22, 2018 09:42AM
Congrats on the great finds and thanks for the info. on the Pitch Program !

XP Deus * 9" LF Coil * Vance / Killer B Hybrid Headphones
Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny * 1736 - K.G. Half Penny * 1783 - Half Real
1817 - Large Cent * 1829 - Capped Bust Dime * 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime * 1852 - Three Cent * 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent * 1865 - Two Cent * 1877 - Seated Quarter

Posted by: dbmcclus
Date: June 10, 2018 10:00PM
I read somewhere that the Pitch program is a great tool for locating a recently lost ring. Not sure who to give credit to, but this is what I read: In the Pitch mode, "the detectors audio response to any target good or bad varies in both amplitude (volume) and tone pitch (audio frequency) and not by target conductivity. A smaller or deeper target will have weaker volume and lower pitch. A lost ring still above the ground will have a louder volume and higher pitch".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login